Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Dolce Vita Probys Quay

Options
  • 13-11-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭

Went around the corner to this last night. Top notch food it was. Authentic Italian food, great atmosphere very professional and friendly staff. Just wondering what anyone else thought of it if they went?

There was even a cannoli with my dessert!

I have no association with this place before anyone thinks I do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Yup, was there last week. Top notch stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

Haven't had a chance to try it but I have high hopes for this place. An Italian friend knows the owner/chef who is also Italian. He (my friend) has eaten there a few times and has said that the non-pizza dishes are excellent.

As for the pizza, he said that they're still getting used to the wood fired oven (i.e. a proper pizza oven) but that the quality is improving rapidly and the potential for authentic Italian pizza is huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

sounds great - cork has always had a shortage of decent italian retaurants compared with Dublin, waterford & Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

When the Brick oven closed i thought i had lost my favourite place in cork for pizzas, i was so happy when La dolce Vita opened and their pizzas are just as good, and their lamb shanks are well worth a try as well. It always seems to be busy when i'm passing by, which is nice to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

calnand wrote: »
    When the Brick oven closed i thought i had lost my favourite place in cork for pizzas, i was so happy when La dolce Vita opened and their pizzas are just as good, and their lamb shanks are well worth a try as well. It always seems to be busy when i'm passing by, which is nice to see.
    Even though it's so close to the city centre the location is just that bit out of the way. I think that's what killed off the previous restaurants (was there another one there besides Proby's Bistro and the Brick Oven?).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

it sounds very good - I'll have to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

After reading this thread decided to go last night.

superb pasta........will go again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

superb pasta........will go again.

Sounds good.
    Proper portions and good quality? (unlike the bucket portions of muck they give you in places like Rossini and Il Padrino!)

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

yeah its quality...........a greyhound wudnt touch the muck in the the other places!

Advertisement