Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Growing out the "Frankie Sandford" Hairstyle

Options
  • 13-11-2011 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi Everyone :)

I hope you can give me some advice on what to do next,
    In april i decided to go for something different and skipped into my hair salon to get the "frankie" as they call it.
    Absolutley love i tbut getting bored of looking at the same hair style all the time with very little versatility , tried cute hairbands, curls,waves and color blocking but i am seriously bored with it at this stage.
    I left it without a shape or cut for about 6 weeks and the shortest side has suprisingly grown quite a bit!

all i need to do now is know what the next step is??/
    My hair dresser advised getting a pack of extensions and gluing it in to match the side which would have more length, but then i'm stuck with quite a mumsy bob really.....also it's quite blonde so if the wind wasnt in my favour the line of extension would be really visible..

Has anyone else gone for this type of cut or even a short pixie crop? if so , how did you grow it out???

Thanks in Advance,
    Sashiee :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

I did the "shave one side" thing there about two years ago, and found it surprisingly ok growing it back out when I got bored of it as it became more common ( I inadvertently ended up with that "frankie" haircut as I was growing out the shaved bit: as the shaved side got a bit longer, I trimmed up the other long side from being below shouder length to above the jawline, and someone then asked me if I had gotten a Frankie haircut, had to google to see who she was!). Sooo....

if the shorter side began annoying me, I'd simply part my hair differently so that some of the longer hair would be brushed over onto the shorter side, giving it a relatively even length all around IYKWIM. I also did as you did, put different colours like purple and pink in to break up and change the look a bit.

I cut a heavier fringe in to change it up some more, and as I wasn't in a mad rush to get my hair looking super-long in a short frame of time, I just trimmed up the longer side to meet the shorter side and let it grow out evenly all around. Some layers all over would help break up the stark difference between the two sides right now while you're waiting for it to grow out.

Simply tucking the "shorter" side behind your ear as it grows would give your hairstyle more of an "I meant for it to look this way" look, rather than an "I'm trying to grow this out" look" :p as it disguises the difference in length.

Experiment with spray gels and hairspray - an easy one is to turn your head upsidedown and blast the hair with spray, then scrunch it all up to give it a tousled look.

My hair is now back down to my shoulders all around again. I'd personally prefer to cut the longer side to match rather than stick extensions in the shorter side, as it's just easier to maintain IMO. Good luck growing it out - you'd be surprised how fast it will grow!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Sashiee

Thank you for your great response!!
    Yes, i've been doing the whole putting the shorter side behind my ear and tring to wear skinny scarves on my head too...
    decided to go with a short fringe and stick in the good ole relilable fake hair extensions, hopefully will end up something like this >>>

http://shorthair-cuts.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/celebrity-bob-hairstyles.jpg

not exactly cutting edge in the hairstyle dept but will be a little more presentable over the festive season!!

Thanks Echo Sound xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

No probs Sashiee, that photo looks v nice by the way, you'll look fab :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 citytreats

Possibly. Not many girls can pull off short hair and it would be very difficult to get it looking as good as it does in the picture and that's probably styled for ages every morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I had decided to grow mine out... it drove me mental, so last night I got a pixie cut.
    Now I am thinking, I still have to grow this out.

Oopz :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement