Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smith's milk chews in sligo?

Options
  • 13-11-2011 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hi folks
    Has anyone seen packets (or boxes) of Smith's milk chews for sale in or near Sligo town?

They're very hard to get altogether, but are really good!
    For eg there was a shop in Ardee, Louth that sold them for a little while before it closed and a shop in Newry sells them, but its a bit far to be going for the messages!

Thanks!

PS If other folks would also like to get there hands on some...might be able to bulk buy from the Newry shop...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Most likely place would be the sweet shop on Castle/John Street, beside Oxfam, across from McHughs, huge pick'n'mix selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

Bah humbug (boom boom), the folks in that place looked at me like I was loony tunes asking for milk chews...
    They have all the stuff from two companies only:
    The one that does those big plastic red lidded jars and the one that imports all the american crap. Same as nearly any other sweet shop worth the name.

thanks for the suggestion anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

You know.. I have seen them somewhere!

31aXN-xmJfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Esso station on Pearse Road is in the back of my mind..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

www.thesweetiestop.co.uk seem to stock them. Don't know if they ship here but there's loads of retro sweet place on the net these days.

Thanks Basq, will check there :)

Thanks il gatto, Ive been trying to find them offline if I can first: its more convenient for my post man...

• Advertisement

wolf99 wrote: »
    Thanks Basq, will check there :)
    Check the very bottom shelf where all the various 10p (or 30c nowadays) bars are..

.. have definitely seen them, and I'm 90% sure it was there now.

Bump.

There you go wolf99..

photo_40.jpg

.. as found in Esso on Pearse Road at lunch-time today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Basq, where in the shop did you find these. I was in there tonight and couldn't see them anywhere?

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Basq, where in the shop did you find these. I was in there tonight and couldn't see them anywhere?
    They were on the bottom shelf.. but there think it may have been the last pack! :o

It was on the shelf on it's own, but thought there might be more in a box towards the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Ned Green

They are available online to buy on Amazon.Co.UK.,I expect they ship to the Republic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Dammit! Was there last night and forgot to look.

Did you mean the Esso near to where the motor tax office used to be?

I finally made a trip to that station today and I didnt see any :(

Basq you must have the last pack!! ;) they're good aren't they?

If its still not raining later i may take another walk to double check.

Just to explain a litlte why I'd prefer to get online:

A) the posty wont be able to fit them through my door, so I'll have to take time off work just to walk all the way out to the ditsr. centre in Finiskillen.

B) I already have more online accounts that I can keep track of! I always forget my ebay and paypal login details as it is without adding amazon in also! unfortunately the folks on ebay tha have them seem to only ship within the UK :(

PS. Thanks for checking Basq!

Did you mean the Esso near to where the motor tax office used to be?
    It's the one just up from that (same side of the road)..

.. was in the other day and didn't see any more actually.

Might be worth asking if they've any.

Went up, your right, they're gone :( The girl at the counter said they defo didnt have any if they weren't on the shelf.

Will have to wait ad see if they get them in again...

cheers folks

Went up, your right, they're gone :( The girl at the counter said they defo didnt have any if they weren't on the shelf.

Will have to wait ad see if they get them in again...

cheers folks
    I'm in there every so often, so I'll keep an eye out and let you know if they come back in.

Advertisement