Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adidas release a 5 finger shoe

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Quick review, in order of importance:

1. Those colours suck. Very hard to match with an outfit.
    2. Only $90? If they were more expensive, maybe...
    3. Shouldn't that be "5 toe shoe"?
    4. They're a fashion shoe designed for the gym, nothing to do with running.
    5. None of the above will stop overweight newbie runners from convincing themselves that these are an essential purchase, since we are born barefoot it makes sense to pay money to clad our feet in gloves and call that "barefoot running". (Come back to me when you start eating your meat raw, I'll take you seriously then :))

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

(Come back to me when you start eating your meat raw, I'll take you seriously then :))

don't encourage them!

I love that one of the 'exercises to get you started in your barefoot trainer' is trigger point regeneration, and the first step is taking off your shoes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Quick review, in order of importance:
    4. They're a fashion shoe designed for the gym, nothing to do with running.

Eh, I glanced over this comment when I read your post originally, but saw that when I looked at the actual page. As much use as a chocolate fireguard ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

(Come back to me when you start eating your meat raw, I'll take you seriously then :))

Hey, my dad eats raw meat (retired butcher). Don't think I'd take him seriously as a runner though :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Discovering fire and cooking our food is what led us down this path in the first place. Less time and energy needed to digest cooked food, that then gives you more time to put into inventing wheels, spears, ipods ... and of course shoes that are not really there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Emer911 wrote: »
    Hey, my dad eats raw meat (retired butcher). Don't think I'd take him seriously as a runner though :D

"The AdiPure trainer features OrthoLite anti-microbial moisture-wicking sockliner and enhanced traction sole. A stylish choice for the discerning butcher on those everyday visits to the abbatoir."

Advertisement