Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies roller derby league in waterford??

Options
  • 13-11-2011 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Waterford Ladies!

Was wondering if any of you would be interested in starting up a roller derby league/team in waterford city? Went to see the Cork City Firebirds play last night and they were incredible, looks like fantastic fun and I really wished we had a similar thing down here. So I thought i'd throw a line out to see if anyone was interested!

In case you don't know what roller derby is, this vid gives a pretty good idea :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y5Y82gcIoc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Lexpire

deffo.i'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭daisy100

Ah yeah i would be up for that too, i try and get out on my roller-skates but there are very few smooth places to go on them. Quite a good place is down at Belview Port, there is a quiet road with a cycle path, down to the water treatment plant. Its brilliant exercise too, although i know i get a few odd looks being in my early 30"s.
    It would be great to get something like this going in Waterford though.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mamawrench

Thanks for the replies :) Good on ya for trying to get the skates out in public daisy100, much respect! Cool! From what I know we would need at least five or six people to have any sort of functioning team, but sure we're halfway there like! I'm gonna try to get some advice from the teams nearby on how to get it all together, so i'll keep you both posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭angelfalling

I would definitely be interested! Was going to go see the girls playing but wasn't able to get down-- know a couple of the firebird girls and I think it'd be brilliant if we had something like that around here. I know I can think of a couple other ladies who would be interested. I'd be super novice but, still!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭deiselack

ooooh that'd be brillant!! Haven't been on skates since I was a child but it would be great to have it here! :D

• Advertisement

We should try to organize a meet up to discuss it! Make a facebook group page maybe and get other ladies interested and try to talk about logistics of getting started?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

Brilliant idea! Would love to be invoved!

Hey everyone! Man I'm shocked to have received so much interest! I agree angelfalling, it would be great to get people together and talk things through. I'll set up a basic waterford roller derby page (just to have a presence of some sort) on facebook and post the link here and we can see who's interested!

Oh and I would be a complete beginner too don't worry, like its gonna be serious skating practice for me a while! But maybe some of the more experienced skaters could help us out a lil!

Hey guys!

Ok so i started a (very plain) facebook group called "Waterford City Roller Derby" on facebook. Still trying to figure out how to get a proper URL... but anyway, come on along and join it and we can get this thing going :) yay!

Oh and its always a good time to think about your new derby names! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Lexpire

Hey looked up facebook group. could not find it. could you post link?
    just copy and paste what ever is in the address bar.

sounds so exciting. :D

• Advertisement

"Waterford City Roller Derby" closed group. Once we all agree on a name we'll start a proper facebook fan page :)

Advertisement