Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions about Ankermann PC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That looks prety decent. Do they do theyr setups without a gpu?

Is there fexibilty in theyr builds?

Are they trust worthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

It has a i5 2500k that can be overclocked with a Motherboard that can't be used for overclocking. Is that right? I think you could build a much better PC for 599 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I actuolly looked in to it more carefully and if you want to have pc with better components, then price skyrockets.

Op, maybe make a thread here with your budget and needs. Fellas will biuld you a pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I had a quick look and yes, you can easily match those components in price with hardwareversand.de, including an overclockable motherboard.

However, you should note that the ankermann includes neither an operating system nor even a hard drive!
    There's a shortage of hard drives at the moment, which would explain its absence, but it's a sneaky tactic to keep the price down on the display page. A hard drive is an essential component too - the alternative is to buy a solid state drive (fast, expensive, small size) for installing essentials until hard drives come back down in price.

Basically, you'll need to spend a bit more for a complete PC and ankermann are not recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

I actuolly looked in to it more carefully and if you want to have pc with better components, then price skyrockets.

Op, maybe make a thread here with your budget and needs. Fellas will biuld you a pc.

My budget would be e600, i don't need windows, no dvd rom and i have SSD and HDD, also 21' screen. Might OC but not day1 or so.

Help will be greatly appreciated

• Advertisement
Advertisement