Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommenations for Macroom

Options
  • 13-11-2011 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi all Im moving to Macroom on Friday.
    Could anyone who knows the area recommend
    *A nice Doctor Male/Female Don't mind
    *Good value heating oil
    *Good value refuse collection
    *things to do in evening
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭corked

Welcome to the town!

Doctors - I use dr. harte beside the laundry / dry cleaners. When I first moved I went to go into into the medical centre which is a bit up from supervalu but they told me that they were full.... Good job I was not dying!

Heating Oil - again that would be Mill Oil or KellOil both are local and deliver pretty quick.

Refuse Collection - I use the amienty centre out the road past the grave yard

Things to do in the evening - the Briar Rose thearte often have plays on, plenty pubs, plenty walks / runs about too.

Welcome again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

corked wrote: »

Things to do in the evening - the Briar Rose thearte often have plays on, plenty pubs, plenty walks / runs about too.

Welcome again!

Sorry to be pedantic but it's The Briery Gap.
    http://www.brierygap.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭corked

silly wrote: »
    Sorry to be pedantic but it's The Briery Gap.
    http://www.brierygap.com/

thank you!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Doctors - I use dr. harte beside the laundry / dry cleaners.

Dr. Harte is lovely, we've been going to him since he started his practice there about 3 years ago. We've always found him to be very approachable and friendly. He needs to modernise or renovate his surgery though, it's in desperate need of a revamp :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭trishawisha

Thanks for the replies. Dr Harte is now in Primary Care Centre near Boots. I went to him and he is indeed lovely. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Thanks for the replies. Dr Harte is now in Primary Care Centre near Boots. I went to him and he is indeed lovely. :)

Wow! I guess he was always planning on this move seeing as he did nothing with the surgery he was in before. That's great to hear, hopefully you won't have to visit him too often :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Denisocal

Welcome to the town!

Doctors - I use dr. harte beside the laundry / dry cleaners. When I first moved I went to go into into the medical centre which is a bit up from supervalu but they told me that they were full.... Good job I was not dying!

I would go to Dr. Kelleher if I could at all - love the man! Always speaks as Gaeilge to me :)
    Heating Oil - again that would be Mill Oil or KellOil both are local and deliver pretty quick.

M&J Kelleher Oils are the best price around, I hear.

(and no, I'm not a Kelleher and no, they're not related! :))

Advertisement