Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to replace battery in domesitc wireless alarm sensor?

Options
  • 13-11-2011 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭

Hello,
    can anyone advise me please on how to replace a battery in a domestic wireless sensor.
    The 'control box' is giving me a low battery warning and I know which one it is. The last time the company changed all the batteries in the transmitters but charged over 100E. I don't want to pay for a simple job like that.
    I think there was something about shorting the battery terminals?
    Also, do I have to disarm an anti tamper function in the sensor.
    The control box is a Powermax installed by ADA in Cork but the manual doesn't give instructions for replacing batteries in the transmitters.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Simply open the unit & replace the battery ,like for like. Make sure to observe the polarity.
    The panel will register a tamper , but the alert will clear once the faults are restored.
    How many batteries did you get replaced previousally for €100?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hello,
    can anyone advise me please on how to replace a battery in a domestic wireless sensor.
    The 'control box' is giving me a low battery warning and I know which one it is. The last time the company changed all the batteries in the transmitters but charged over 100E. I don't want to pay for a simple job like that.
    I think there was something about shorting the battery terminals?
    Also, do I have to disarm an anti tamper function in the sensor.
    The control box is a Powermax installed by ADA in Cork but the manual doesn't give instructions for replacing batteries in the transmitters.

Homesafe : Powermax plus system.
    The batteries are easy enough to source for this system. Plenty of sellers on line which can be cheaper than most of the wholesalers. You are correct, a piece of wire across the plus and minus discharges the remaining power in the unit before replacing the battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭High Nellie

Thanks for that.
    I actually have the receipt here for the last call out.

'Domescit callout' - €65
    Batteries x 6 - €35

Total plus VAT etc - €113.50

Boards.ie is cheaper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭High Nellie

KoolKid wrote: »
    but the alert will clear once the faults are restored.

Is restoring the defaults something I have to do (how?) or does it happen automatically?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

When the battery is replaced the fault will clear .ie there fault is restored.

• Advertisement

Boards.ie is cheaper!

That is what the security forum is all about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gcd00

I have an eircom alarm that is giving a back door low battery alarm intermittently. I have replaced the battery twice to no avail. The new battery voltage measures fine. If I open and close the door, the alarm gets reset to ok. Anyone any ideas what might cause the low battery alarm if the battery is fine?

gcd00 wrote: »
    I have an eircom alarm that is giving a back door low battery alarm intermittently. I have replaced the battery twice to no avail. The new battery voltage measures fine. If I open and close the door, the alarm gets reset to ok. Anyone any ideas what might cause the low battery alarm if the battery is fine?

You will have to delete the sensor and re enroll it on to the system.
    What system have you installed?

It is an old Simon system. I have requested the engineering code from phonewatch if I should need it to solve this problem???

It is an old Simon system. I have requested the engineering code from phonewatch if I should need it to solve this problem???

You will need it to delete and enroll the sensor. Always handy to have.
    I have sent you a P.M re the code.

• Advertisement

Hi Altor,
    I'm afraid deleting and enrolling the sensor didn't work. It must be the sensor itself is bad.

Hi Altor,
    I'm afraid deleting and enrolling the sensor didn't work. It must be the sensor itself is bad.

Hi gcd00,

You will be looking at replacing the sensor on the system. They are easy enough to source from the suppliers list here. Delete the old sensor and bring the sensor in with you when you are getting the new one.

Any problems let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Quote from Nightguard in Galway

Call out 120euro !!
    8 batteries 64euro !!

or

CR123A batteries about 2.50euro a piece on ebay.ie delivered
    Flat top screwdriver
    & boards.ie

Advertisement