Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Becoming a makeup artist at 24?

• 13-11-2011 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi all, lately I just can't get this off my mind. I'm in the same job 7 years, back tomorrow after maternity leave. I have found a course that I think is a reasonable price just one evening a week for 18 weeks. I'm really keen but I feel I may be too old or it may be too much work with a baby and a full time job?
    I'd even just love to do the course for me as I adore make up.
    Any opinions and advice much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Sashiee

CarMe wrote: »
    Hi all, lately I just can't get this off my mind. I'm in the same job 7 years, back tomorrow after maternity leave. I have found a course that I think is a reasonable price just one evening a week for 18 weeks. I'm really keen but I feel I may be too old or it may be too much work with a baby and a full time job?
    I'd even just love to do the course for me as I adore make up.
    Any opinions and advice much appreciated :)

your never too old! i'm 23 and after finishing my degree last year am after deciding to go back to college again next year to do something totally different but i've laways had my hear set on..imagine, first year again with a bunch of 17 year olds..dreading it but at the end of it you'll have the job you always wanted,
    I would love to be amake up artist as make up is osmething i'm obsessed with!
    But what's the salary like?? might be the first thing to research as i remember looking on a job website before at it was minimum wage if you were in a department store for example. just research as much as youcan!

Oh and congrats on the baby! x:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

You're never too old to learn something new and beside 24 is not "too old" for anything! I think you should go for it if it's what you're passionate about doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Definitely not too old. A friend of mine after doing a business degree and having 2 kids in her 20s, went back to study Makeup/Theatre Makeup, turned 30 earlier in the year and is now "on set" for the next 5 weeks doing makeup for a movie. Shes in her element. Go for it!

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I'm 30 and have just gone back part time to train as a MUA! It's never too late! In fact, I'm wondering if you're looking at my course as its the same length!

I work full time, study part time. It's tough going as I travel an hour and a bit each way to class but I know it'll be worth it to do something I love!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Aw wow thanks for all the encouraging replies!! I just think I lack the confidence as I'm in the same line of work so long I'm scared to take a leap of faith but I suppose I couldn't be in a better place mentally for it and even if I didn't "make it" it would be a great skill to have for myself and possibly freelance if I felt I was good enough, the course isn't crazy expensive because it's part time and we get an Inglot kit worth 250 too :) Friday girl it's with Acadamy.ie Waverly Acadamy?
    Yaay I can't wait to book it, thank you!x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Julie Make-up

Hi there,

I am a freelance makeup artist for the past 6 years so if you need advice you can email me info@themakeupjar.com and i can give you my number from there. any questions at all you have about getting into this industry im more than willing to give advice!

Julie:)

Advertisement