Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending text to multiple recipients?

Options
  • 13-11-2011 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

I have 160 names and mobile numbers from a recent draw I had. They are written on the back of ticket stubs.
    What is the easiest way for me to send 1 text to everyone on the list. (the message will be the same e.g 'nice to meet you, thank you for entering etc etc, keep us in mind for presents'

I will obviously have to manually enter the numbers somewhere but it would be great if I could just type the no.s onto a doc or page and fire the text off in one go.
    Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Webtexts id imagine is the free and handy option, what provider are you with? Dont think any of them let you send via a csv file or anything as they limit the number of recipients to say 5 at a time or whatever. There are probably paid options but as its probably a once off its probably not worth the hassle or cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Axwell wrote: »
    Webtexts id imagine is the free and handy option, what provider are you with? Dont think any of them let you send via a csv file or anything as they limit the number of recipients to say 5 at a time or whatever. There are probably paid options but as its probably a once off its probably not worth the hassle or cost.

With Vodafone, and can do max 5 at a time:eek: will be a bit tedious....

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

I have 160 names and mobile numbers from a recent draw I had. They are written on the back of ticket stubs.

Have the participants given "Express Consent" for you to use their private data in this manor? And can you prove it if needs be to the data commissioner.

Precedent law (Case Study: Prosecution of Brasserie Sixty6 for the sending of unsolicited direct marketing text messages) means you could be subject to fines if not.

Best to play it safe in my opinion. Personally I hate marketing by text because its annoying getting woken up in the middle of the night in India, or paying for an incoming text that is spam when traveling.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭tucked

Have a look at the all@once option on Vodafone, it's in same area as webtexts options under "Messaging & Email". You could input the numbers into a separate contact group and send them all in one go. It costs 13c per message and 13c to use the service. Only other option I can see is to add the numbers to your contacts for free webtext and repeat the process 32 times for the 160 messages and copy/paste message each time. As you said, a bit tedious, but it is free I guess.

Advertisement