Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Linear scoring

• 13-11-2011 10:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭

Do any of ye have yer weanlings linear scored? I see the charolais society won't publish the euro star figures of your Ped bull in the sales catologue anymore, if you don't get him weighed and linear scored:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Muckit wrote: »
    Do any of ye have yer weanlings linear scored? I see the charolais society won't publish the euro star figures of your Ped bull in the sales catologue anymore, if you don't get him weighed and linear scored:o

I got my limousin bull scored this time last year. He was done in a group of 5 weinlings and it cost about €70. It was no real advantage to him. I sold him from the house. I had planned on bringing him to Carrick on Shannon, even then, he didn't need to be scored. You only need to have your bull scored if you plan on selling him in a society sale. Although it is nice to know his weight.

The contact for scoreing for your area is in the ICBF website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Thanks for that Reilig. Ya I seen the prices on the Charolais website, €4 to weigh and something like €6 to score, and €45 callout. Now the Charolais society will pay for the weighing bit, if your all your animals as Charolais (can be commercial). I made it up that to score the 1 ped bull and 4 others (which I don't really want done!) it'I set me back €69, even with the society paying the weighing bit :eek:

For small breeders like yourself and myself, it's a bit of a money racket as far as I'm concerned. It annoys me that they are effectively forcing lads into getting their bulls scored by not showing the star ratings in the catalogue and writing in big writing diagonally across the page that basically the bull wasn't scored, even though he could have been.... shame on you, you call yourself a breeder!

Nothing to stop a lad downloading them (euro * ratings) from the charolais or ICBF site though and sticking them on the mart pen gate I suppose! :p

Have a look through some of the new catologues and you'I see what I mean.....
    http://www.charolais.ie/catalogues.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

It's ten years or more since I entered a bull in the society sales.
    I did get a bunch scored once, for me the heifer scoring was more interesting than the bulls.
    It's not everyone that has a bunch of five, but at least they say that in the catalogue.

Advertisement