Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Na Piarsaigh GAA

• 13-11-2011 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭

big congrats north side city based Na Piarsaigh club for winning against Ballygunner Waterford today in the club championships semi final today. came from 6 points down at half time to win by 6points at final whistle. well done :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 celliman

Only problem now is facing the might of the banner county.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

celliman wrote: »

Not to worry, despite the hype they only have 3 all Irelands to their name, Limericks record is poor and they have 7! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

nothing on Live 95FM about them this morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

seachto7 wrote: »
    nothing on Live 95FM about them this morning?

And yet they always find time to give us the latest X Factor updates.....like thats got anything to do with Limerick.

Well played Na Piarsiagh, great comeback.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

So happy for the lads. Absolutely delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭Worztron

What does "Na Piarsaigh" mean?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's from the Irish name for Pádraig Pearse (Mac Piarais).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

And yet they always find time to give us the latest X Factor updates.....like thats got anything to do with Limerick.

While I didn't listen to 95 this morning, I presume it would have been in their sports bulletins, given they posted this on their website:

http://www.live95fm.ie/news/news-item/na-piarsaigh-book-munster-final-spot/9376fe83-2156-42a1-babe-34d39c49cedf

Anyway, congratulations to Na Piarsaigh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

They announce x factor stuff on their news broadcast as well.(Suppose they have to look after their utv paymasters)Anyway I'd like to add my congratulations to Na Piarsaigh also,well done lads.

Munster final against Crusheen is live now on TG4 for anyone interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

and the the replay will be on next Sunday - same time same place I believe.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Replay is on next Sunday at 2 in Thurles

Ah feck, I'm going to miss the replay as well! :(

Won the replay 1-13 to 9pts. Well done to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Well done to all involved. I played underage with some of the lads on today's team before being packed off due to hopelessness and despair caused to Bill and Liamo.

I thought the acceptance speech was fantastic and said a lot about club spirit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

fabulous result - didn't see it coming about half way thru second half but great finish. well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Congratulations to all in the club, a great win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Na Piarsaigh beat SMB today in the Munster final, by a big score too.

Congrats to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

celliman wrote: »

Well they beat the Clare champions today.:) While Clare beat both Limerick and Cork fair and square this year,Limerick aren't that far away from Clare.Limerick played their poorest game all year in the all ireland semi final and they missed a lot of frees.With better free taking Limerick would have been closer to Clare at the end than 7 points.Limerick won the munster senior and minor hurling titles and now Na Piarsaigh won the munster club championship so Limerick hurling is on the up.While i am a Cork supporter i would have plenty of time for Limerick so Luimneach Abu and Na Piarsaigh Abu.:)

Great day for the parish! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Hon Na Piarsaigh! Absolutely delighted! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

Congrats to Na Phiarsigh, to day brilliant display

As I said in the summer hoping for good things from the county teams very shortly also

thats coming from a Clare man BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

4-14 to 8 points that's some hammering, fair play to them. Portumna up next in February.

Advertisement