Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 forum

Options
  • 13-11-2011 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

a 7 day ban for "questioning a mod decision"

I have just had a valid and unanswered thread closed by a mod, and on the same thread have had a mod criticize me for usage of the english language, NONE of which has anything to do with my original post !
    now a 7 day ban because I posted a tongue in cheek remark on another thread and had the nerve to ask something of a mod
    there have been people been posting scurillous posts making outrageous statements on both my threads and others but his buddy has made sure I cannot post on the 3 forum now

why is it the mods there are not asking the 3 reps to respond in a more timely fashion. surely it would be a better resolution than closing threads and then banning people..

at this point now I cannot hope to have 3 resolve the issue with my elderly father.
    We had already tried the CS route and got nowhere !
    It has already gone on a week and now it will be minimum another 9 days before I will be back on at the same time as the 3 reps !
    Oh and for the record jor-el, saying I think I might have to resort to legal action is NOT the same as saying I definately am going to !
    Now, thanks to your actions I might actually have to do it, incurring more expense and delays.

its amazing too actually that so many people can report a thread but yet have no other input to that thread apart from "thanking" other people !!!!

s simple PM if there was an "issue" could have resolved it but no, straight to a 7 day ban !!!

thanks jor-el, bang up job !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

MrTrebus - when it comes to Talk To... forums, jor el and I have dual responsibilities. We are both moderators and Category moderators.

As jor el was the moderator (and CMod) who issued you with the ban, he has asked me to look into your ban as part of my role as CMod (please refer to the process map at the top of this thread).

Unfortunately, I am travelling for work purposes in the US this week. This limits the time I have available to investigate this matter. I will refer this to an Admin, as they may have more time available than I to resolve the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭MrTrebus

might as well close this as no one from the admin team bothered to come back to me, after dudara's post !!
    thanks

Advertisement