Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dropping out, need help

Options
  • 13-11-2011 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm doin toxicology in AIT, in my first year, and i really don't wanna do it anymore.

if i drop out now will i have to pay tuition fees next year if i re-apply through the CAO? heard that if ya drop out before the 31st of october, u wont have to pay at all, but i heard elsewhere that you have until the 30th of november to drop out.

i heard that if the college hasn't submitted it's lists of students attending, you can drop out without havin to pay tuition fees next year. is this true?

also, whats the story with grants if i drop out?

please!! need help!!
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭achmairt

If you drop out now, it's better than waiting until Christmas. The rules this year are that you can pick up the grant where you left off - same with the reg fee.
    You would have to attend college for the same duration next time before you would get a grant and the reg fee would be paid for you less the few months you attended this year. However, you never know what's coming down the line next year... hopefully this rule will remain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

achmairt wrote: »
    If you drop out now, it's better than waiting until Christmas. The rules this year are that you can pick up the grant where you left off - same with the reg fee.
    You would have to attend college for the same duration next time before you would get a grant and the reg fee would be paid for you less the few months you attended this year. However, you never know what's coming down the line next year... hopefully this rule will remain.

What does that mean exactly?

I dropped out on September 28, and I was refunded the €98 that I paid towards the reg fee, so I assumed the government got back the €2000 that they paid, and I never received a grant payment. I presumed they'd pay the registration fee again next year.. am I wrong? :confused::(

Advertisement