Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Offensive neighbours

• 13-11-2011 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Recently visited a friends house where she showed me a sign her neighbour has in his garden,, its F*ck Off carved into wood and pointed directly at her house so as she can see it when she looks out upstairs windows. I had told her to call someone about it but the question is who?? and what rights has she got to get him to remove it???

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

First world problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Totally ignore it, all satisfaction is gone if neighbour is not sure she has seen it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Ghostbusters..... definetly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Recently visited a friends house where she showed me a sign her neighbour has in his garden,, its F*ck Off carved into wood and pointed directly at her house so as she can see it when she looks out upstairs windows. I had told her to call someone about it but the question is who?? and what rights has she got to get him to remove it???

He can do what he likes in his back garden. I was told that once by the Gardai when a neighbour was waving a sword while threatening my family and I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Should be rounded up and shot. You have to make an effort regardless else such could get very sticky. though it seems some make an effort the other way.. heard the horror stories n am just grateful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Tell her to get her own sign, point it at his house and write Prick on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

... its F*ck Off carved into wood and pointed directly at her house...
    I am so going to do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Solution: A similar sign saying "No!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

hondasam wrote: »
    Tell her to get her own sign, point it at his house and write Prick you first on it.

Why sink to their level :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

johngalway wrote: »
    Why sink to their level :D

I like it:D

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

The sign does nothing for the common good . embarrassing to have a neighbour like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

No point in doing anything petty like that in retaliation.

Just get straight to the point and burn his house down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 20questions

Thanks guys, it seems she will just have to ignore it, sinking to his level is just not worth it whats more annoying for her is her kids can see it and want to know why its there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭trish23

Wooden you say? Petrol & a match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I have an idea...stop looking in your neighbours garden...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

What's the background?

Presume he didn't just decide to carve a sign one day for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭good logs...

what did your friend do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Does your friend look into the neighbours windows too? Perhaps the neighbous just wants some privacy? Nobody likes peeping toms after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

TheZohan wrote: »
    I have an idea...stop looking in your neighbours garden...

ohh beat to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

We lived in a lovely place, then the neighbour from hell came next door...
    It really was terrible... I'd be mowing the lawn and she'd be running up and down her garden shouting and swearing over at me... Pouring weedkiller into my garden, the works... A real nut-job
    She and her husband had a row with a contractor and they pulled a knife on him in the house :eek:

Enough...
    We got out and never regretted it...

She has phycsiatric issues but no one can live next to someone like that, except the people we rent to :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Thanks guys, it seems she will just have to ignore it, sinking to his level is just not worth it whats more annoying for her is her kids can see it and want to know why its there.
    She just has to tell them she doesn't know and to go ****ing play outside, they're in her way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

You'll get some proper advive here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=38

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement