Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband not working!

Options
  • 14-11-2011 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

My eircom broadband is giving me serious hassle the past few days! Whenever I am on the laptop it says Dsl is down and it disconnects me from xbox live too! Is there any solution you guys could give me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I was having Shíte with them recently, it turns out our phone lines cant handle 8mb so they reduced us to 4mb havent had a problem since... although i cant play games on xbox live it keeps disconnecting me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Broadband section here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=259

Tech -> Net&Comms -> Broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If you keep getting disconnected from online, it's because Eircoms new routers for some reason disconnect for a millisecond every 30 minutes. I've had 3 of the new routers with the same problems, and then the installer gave me his older router and no problems. I'm now with WiMax though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

Get UPC or something (or whaever is avalable in your area) eircom sucks nuts. The one and only good thing about eircom is that turning your router off and on again resets your megavideo minutes. If that even still works that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭KIERAN1

Eircom broadband speeds to rural areas are crap, like i have been on same package for the last four years/ 7 meg down 312kb upload/ and i pay 32 for this a month with tax added on to it as well. They can really charge what they like because there is no competition least in rural areas. This company is behind the times and backwards when it comes to offering quality broadband. Do they not know how bad their service is compared to what one could get if living in places around europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭toyotamr4red

I know! The weird thing is is that my internet was fantastic up until now!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

KIERAN1 wrote: »
    Do they not know how bad their service is compared to what one could get if living in places around europe.
    Probably. So what do they do about it? Let go lots of staff. I wonder will the current owners fix the company, and not take every cent like the last lot did?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

yeah the zyxel routers are rubbish.if you change the security to WEP it should eliminate the disconnects from xbox live.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Squaredude wrote: »
    yeah the zyxel routers are rubbish.if you change the security to WEP it should eliminate the disconnects from xbox live.

I done something easier. I changed my internet provider. :D

Advertisement