Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Give up with FSX

Options
  • 14-11-2011 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

Im getting sick of it crashing "fatal error has occured" the whole time, I tried say many thing's to try and stop it.

I use windows vista home prenium, does anyone know what do i do?

It's one of my favourite games and i would be lost and bored without it.

I need desperate help to finally get rid of it, i need to just get rid of it for good.

I need help anyone have any idea's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭storker

RobitTV wrote: »
    Im getting sick of it crashing "fatal error has occured" the whole time, I tried say many thing's to try and stop it.

I use windows vista home prenium, does anyone know what do i do?

It's one of my favourite games and i would be lost and bored without it.

I need desperate help to finally get rid of it, i need to just get rid of it for good.

I need help anyone have any idea's?

I think you need to provide a bit more background along the lines of:
    • PC specs
    • Addons running
    • Any pattern you have noticed in terms of when the error occurs. Long flights? Short flights? Aircraft? Airports? Scenery?

One solution that sometimes seems to work for people with technical issues is to back up the fsx.cfg file, and then delete it and restart FSX, which will create a new one. Then see if FSX behaves itself.

I run Vista Ultimate, and it does occasionally happen. Rarely during a flight, though - more often from the menu screen. When you say "the whole time", do you mean every time, or just often enough that it's a nuisance?

Stork

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Well have some news, i updated my driver last night and i played for about 10/15 mins with no crashes

i need to do a 1 hour+ test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Forget it, go back to 2004. Its way better, much more support. A better flying flying experience IMHO...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

2004 is better? with more support? There is zero official support for either anymore, and persnally, the flight sim x experience kicks fs2004 into touch, and gives it a good hiding. Far superior, with far superior addons available, such as FTX, and many truely amazing aircraft.
    I hate hearing that snobby response from some simmers that fsx 'sucks' and 04 is 'far better', as it clearly shows who's talking out of thier hole, and while you sir, may have used it, clearly not enough, or with the right machine or addons.
    As Stork will agree, 2004 simply cannot match flying around Orbx country in a carenado or A2a aircraft. It's lightyears beyond (And I have had both)

Can I ask OP, ewhat Service pack are you running? 1? 2? Got acceleration?

I ask, because system specs are far far less of an issue than one presumes. I Run FSX on two machines, one is my laptop, I only use that copy for testing paintjobs, and work I do within the sim, but I have flown some flights on it, and if a 2.7ghz dualcore AMD laptop, with 2gb ram, and an ati HD4250 card can run without ever crashing, the SP or anciliary files are most likely to blame.

What version is your .net framework?
    FSUIPC?
    Service Pack?
    Have you tried forcing fs to rewrite its configs? All typical issues that can create such errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭storker

Firekitten wrote: »
    As Stork will agree, 2004 simply cannot match flying around Orbx country in a carenado or A2a aircraft.

I can't agree - or disagree. I never had FS9. ;)

Stork

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

I run fs9 on an xp machine,i tried fsx for all but 15mins then reverted back to fs9.Until something proper ground breaking comes along i ain't upgrading my hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

drdeadlift wrote: »
    I run fs9 on an xp machine,i tried fsx for all but 15mins then reverted back to fs9.Until something proper ground breaking comes along i ain't upgrading my hardware.

As has already been mentioned...try FSX with ORBX scenery,REX HD textures,a super detailed FSX native aircraft of your choice and the sliders wound up. No other sim even comes close.
    I made the switch to FSX from FS9 on the day it was released and have never looked back. In saying that,however, I'll also jump ship when MS Flight is released. No point in staying in the past..onwards and upwards,I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Thats if flight isnt the game its hinting at... and doesnt seem to cover the entire world. Its looking like 'areas'.

Personally, xp machines can run fsx FINE. Good hardware, its ok. Doesn't even take much. I agree with N-force.

Orbx, a Carenado ga plane, and its truely breathtaking. You just want to fly to look out the window. heck, Fly Tampa Grenadies... Island hopping in the Carribean, is just... fun.

I personally think its a massive leap even now. FS9 can look pretty good, but FSX can look specacular.

I mean look at how FSX can look...
    huey8.jpg
    Cerasim 212 and Orbx PFJ...
    DC36.jpg
    MFJ DC3 and Orbx...
    2011-10-12_18-53-10-791.jpg
    MFJ DC3 and Orbx...

on a machine running a 2.8 AMD dual core, 4gig of ram, and an nvidia GTX 8800, a not too new, and roughly medium spec machine, that runs at 60fps...

if you have fsx, and get low frames, try using www.venetubo.com/fsx.html
    Follow the steps, back up your fsx.cfg first, and use its data, that improved my frames from 8-10 on my laptop to 25 average, and 25 average on the above spec machine to 60. and has done for several friends in my VA. A big winner.

Microsoft's optimisation is pretty weak. a few tweaks makes things shiny.
    heck, its good enough that for my paintjob testbed laptop, I can run UTX and GEX now...

Advertisement