Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three V Meteor for iphone in Sligo

Options
  • 14-11-2011 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Im presently with o2 but am going to leave to get an iphone. The deals from three and meteor are roughly the same so I was wondering what experience people in Sligo had with either network using an iphone.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

Anybody in Sligo have an iphone on three or meteor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Redders825

Hey Jazy,

I spend most of my time in Dublin, but in Sligo alot and Im on 3 with my iphone. At first i was pretty hesitant about going with them as had been with Meteor before and found coverage terrible.

However, ive had no problem with 3, the odd no service coverage coming up but generally im happy enough. Im 7 months into an 18 month contract. Unlimited usage on
    3G is brilliant also and if you manage your usage (logging into 3) then its a great offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I have just moved to Three from Vodafone and had data on vodafone also. the speed tests are way better for me on three. It was down a few times during the day in or around the hospital / Ballinode ( God Damn Students I bet :D ) last week . I was driving around that day so I checked from the other side of town and got 3.5MB. As I type this speed test .net app tells me I have .98 d/l ping 141ms and upload 1.65. Retest gives ............. 133 ping 1.62 D/L and 1.6 up so its ok . I use it for tethering and bar a day last week and one the week before is was fine during the day. I live out of town so no idea what the evening is like. All you can eat data and no tethering charge is a good deal IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Why not pick up a prepaid SIM from Three and Meteor and test out the coverage on your current phone?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

3 are much better in Sligo for 3G coverage. Better offer aswell, especially for anyone with an iphone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

I thought about the prepay sim idea but I dont have an iphone at present so I couldnt check the download speeds. Im a little ignorant of iphones but thought there would be no point in checking the reception with a regular phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 id.tweet.that

stay away from meteor whatever you do! Im constantly into the shop complaining! No coverage at all. Id go with 3 because i know someone who has an iphone with 3 and they said there happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

stay away from meteor whatever you do! Im constantly into the shop complaining! No coverage at all.

Completely disagree with the above. I find Meteor to have the best coverage of the lot compared to Voda & o2.
    Can't speak from personal experience about 3's coverage but 2 of my mates have recently changed from 3 to Meteor and have both experienced an improvement in reception.

I use my phone while travelling to various remote spots along the coast, Sligo & National, as well as in various mountainous locations while I'm out on the mtb and have found Meteor to offer a better quality of reception compared to Voda & o2 which were forever dropping calls & loosing coverage.

I would rate Meteor then 3 in regards coverage and would'nt consider the other two once outside of civilisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I have three in Sligo and I find it very good. The 3G coverage is a bit patchy indoors around the town center but otherwise OK.

Have used it to tether on occasions and found it very good.

Also 3 have this "like at home" scheme and you can use your minutes and data in most other 3 countries. It is great as I travel to the UK a bit but in the north there is no 3 coverage around Enniskillen but it is alright in Belfast.

Also the all you can eat data is great as well but I think they might be phasing this out for new customers.

Advertisement