Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blood Red moon

Options
  • 14-11-2011 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭

Did anyone see the blood red coloured moon this evening ? Started as a red flame coloured blur on the horizon and remained red for about an hour as it rose in the sky. Only had a camera phone on me at the time (pictures are all black with an orange dot) so if anyone took any pictures of it I'd be interested to see them. Also does anyone know will this reoccur ? Was that a one off ? Anyone know if it had an effect on the tide which seemed very strong at the time given there was very little wind.

Comments

What you saw was a lunar eclipse
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_eclipse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Thanks for that.

It's odd that nowhere I googled on this says that there was one on Sunday Nov 13th.

That picture looks partly right but the one I saw was a deeper red (closer to cherry red) when the moon rose near the horizon, eventually becominng less red and more orange as it rose before turning yellow/white.

Advertisement