Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The mop!

• 14-11-2011 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭

Hey, I’ve shaved my head #1 since I was a sprog but six/seven months or so ago I decided to see what it would be like if I grew it, but now I’m starting to look abit like luke Kelly :/ I know absolutely feck all about hair care and have been just washing it and drying it with a towel like I would if it was shaved, but now I want to see what it would be like if I took ‘care’ of it before I go get it shaved again, where should I go or what should I use or whatever?

Cheers,

P.S. I don’t want to look like a gay

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

A hairstyle doesn't make you gay. Please read the charter before posting in this forum again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭talkinyite

I didn't say a hairstyle makes you gay, just that some types make you look gay and that i don't want one of them. So anyone have any tips on what to use or where to go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

talkinyite wrote: »
    I didn't say a hairstyle makes you gay, just that some types make you look gay and that i don't want one of them. So anyone have any tips on what to use or where to go?

With a post like that, people aren't going to want to help you much.

why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Because most people are of the opinion it's immature and ignorant to link hair style to sexual preferences. The term "a Gay" is also insensitive.

Why don't you try again, omitting the potentially prejudiced references, they are not necessary for us to help your hair. :rolleyes:

What type of hair have you got - Curly/Straight? When you say you just dry it with a towel, do you use conditioner with shampoo? How long is it now?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Please no more discussion on this, further posts will cause the thread to be locked/infractions given.

Back to the topic on hand :)

Eviledna wrote: »
    What type of hair have you got - Curly/Straight? When you say you just dry it with a towel, do you use conditioner with shampoo? How long is it now?

Curly but not mad curly. Don’t use conditioner. It’s about 4 inches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I would encourage the curls, it will make it spring back to 2 inches and look neat. Boots sell a product called umberto gianini 'Curl friends scrunching jelly'. Ignore the pink bottle, I know tons of men that use it cos it's so good.
    Wash your hair, and blot it with a towel afterwards - do not dry, it should still be soaking wet, just not dripping. Put a walnut size amount of jelly in your hands, rub together and spread evenly throughout your hair, scrunching it to encourage the curl.
    Let it dry naturally and hey presto- shiny soft neat manly curls that are bound to attract the wimmins with their touchable softness. ;)

ps if u head into a barbers, tell them you want a scissor cut with neat sides and longer on top for the curls.

Eviledna wrote: »
    ps if u head into a barbers, tell them you want a scissor cut with neat sides and longer on top for the curls.

cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cork_Rocks

Been lurking this forum for some time and your post made me register cos i have the same problem, too much curly hair and normally I just keep it shaved. I have been doing some reading and I am going for this hairstyle "Jim Morrison", the guy talking about it described how to grow it and I think it would look for us with curly hair who don't want to look like we spend half our time in the hairdresser.

http://www.manlycurls.com/2011/11/jim-morrison-hairstyle-curly-hair/

You think it'd suit you too? I am kind of worried I end up completely the opposite as to what it should look like though...

• Advertisement
Advertisement