Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot connect new controller to new xbox

Options
  • 14-11-2011 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Right People

Im just about to flip. Im after buying a second xbox today. The last one got 4 yr of hard gaming. Ive switched on new xbox. Im looking at the welcome screen switched on controller and the bloody thing is blinking 4 green lights at me and wont allow me to use it. The xbox itself has green light in centre . Ive tried connecting controller to xbox looked up trouble shooting done the usual new batteries powered down everything etc. The controller will power up the xbox but wont do anything after that.

I needs help badly. Need a quick game of cod before i hit the leaba

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

play and charge lead plugged in make a difference ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭LimerickDan

is it wired or a wirless controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

plugged in the charge lead no difference at all.

Its a wireless controller. I also have a charge lead lead from an old controller
    still the same 4 blinking lights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭LimerickDan

dev100 wrote: »
    plugged in the charge lead no difference at all.

Its a wireless controller. I also have a charge lead lead from an old controller
    still the same 4 blinking lights

try reconnecting it to the xbox with the connect button on the top of the controller. If you have another controller from your previous xbox give that a try by connecting that and see if it works

try reconnecting it to the xbox with the connect button on the top of the controller. If you have another controller from your previous xbox give that a try by connecting that and see if it works

I have done all that :( Ive hit the connect button on both controllers and on xbox. In all sorts of different sequences nothing seems to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Just making sure, have you tried holding the xbox's wireless connect button until the 4 rings start to spin, then hold the button on the controller until those lights start to spin? it could be a problem with the xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 xxtallaghtxx

Just making sure, have you tried holding the xbox's wireless connect button until the 4 rings start to spin, then hold the button on the controller until those lights start to spin? it could be a problem with the xbox.

If you hold the sync button on the controller does the 4 lights start blinking in a sequence?
    Xbox its self does the same thing... so if u hold the button and nothing happens it will at least narrow down if its the console or the controller has the fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

6a0120a85dcdae970b0128776ff992970c-pi

Right lads ,

Just to let ye know. I brought the xbox back to shop.
    Twas a faulty machine. They gave me a new one.
    This one works.

Happy days:)

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

dev100 wrote: »
    Right lads ,

Just to let ye know. I brought the xbox back to shop.
    Twas a faulty machine. They gave me a new one.
    This one works.

Happy days:)

YAY!

• Advertisement
Advertisement