Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwearing shoes

Options
  • 14-11-2011 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi guys,

I hope somebody can give me some advice here. My 6 year old is so hard on shoes - I just can't keep up with him. It doesn't seem to matter whether I buy expensive branded shoes or cheaper dunnes/pennys ones, the most he will get out of them is 6-8 weeks (the last pair was 2 weeks). He is a big boy for his age and takes a size 2 at the moment but I don't think he has had a pair long enough to grow out of them in the last 3 years!!! Like all boys his age he loves to be out and about and playing with his friends and I try to keep a pair for that and another pair for school but it doesn't seem to matter they all go the same way! Anyone got any recommendations for something that will last?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Doc Martins maybe?
    I have found them brilliant over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 katie11

Thanks Moonbeam, hadn't thought of them. Will have a look around

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭marlie2005

My son is 6 also and we have the same problem, to tell the truth he hasn't been able to break his sketchers yet or the ones before that either, I was actually able to give them away when he grew out of them.
    That is if you are looking for runners.
    I also like Clarks but they only last a little longer than the rest..

• Registered Users Posts: 26 katie11

Thanks Marlie. I tried Sketchers and he got about 2 months out of them in total and for the last 2 weeks of that I was ashamed to let him out in them!!

Moonbeam, I have been looking for docs but it seems they don't make them in size 2 - even tried their official website!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Catapillar boots!!! my Little one gets mths out of them. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement