Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claregalway Diversin!

Options
  • 14-11-2011 2:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what's going on with the Claregalway Diversion?! Sorry Diversin! (Some sign-making peeps need to learn to spell! :D:rolleyes: )

Can still get straight through to Tuam town from Claregalway in the evening, is it not passable during the day? And how are they diverting sorry diversing :D peeps to Tuam from Turloughmore?! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DecQ

Signs are only advance warning for weekend work on the Big Dig, as far as I know...and the spelling is dire but I don't think they could fit the O into diversi_n on those displays:)

Strange thing is, I haven't noticed similar warning for motorists coming from Claremorris side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

big dig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Advance warning pmsl :D

Aren't they being very good to us giving us advance warnings for Roadworks in Tuam and Claregalway!

:D:rolleyes::D

They warnin' us about roadworks that aren't even happening. I've heard it all now! :D *Bites tongue (fingers lol) to refrain from commenting about current never-ending ongoing Roadworks!* :)

Here was I thinking they're goin diversifying the Turloughmore etc. Culchies with the Tuam townies! ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Here was I thinking they're goin diversifying the Turloughmore etc. Culchies with the Tuam townies! ;):p

That would explain the shocking drop in driving standards with all those extra strange motorists travelling through Lackagh recently.
    Matches the drop in spelling and grammar standards i guess.:D
    Please let the big dig be over soon and we can return to normal.:D

yayamark wrote: »
    big dig?

Yeah, Yaya....have you not heard about Tuam's legendary Big Dig....started back in the mists of time and now for your driving pleasure, they are encouraging motorists to divert at Claregalway and Corofin to enter Tuam from the Athenry road (but only at weekends, due to 24 hour working on the N17 at the Galway side of Tuam, Friday evening to Monday morning). Follow the large, mis-spelt flashing signs (hope my spelling & grammar are OK) until you find the kingdom of OZ...tralaalaaaalaaa

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Well in fairness ..... "Big Dig???" The name doesn't exactly hold much hope for getting anything done!!! I can foresee them digging till kingdom come!! :rolleyes: Admittedly am quite surprised that they seem to have broke-through the finding nothing left to dig barriers but as it happens they must have as they're still digging away lol.

Maybe if they called it like .... I don't know ..... a name such as Project 2011 or something and be able highlight and show what they have done for the year of 2011, or Task x and we'd know exactly what they are working on.

But ...... what exactly have they done since 2007 or 2008 or whenever this all started???

There might just be a slight, teeney weeney touch of irony in that name.

I think they've laid most of the ducting, water and sewage piping, cabling and other services around the town and they're trying to get the N17 finished.

The whole project is supposed to be finished about April 2012.

Praise the Lawd.

Advertisement