Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Taxi drivers experiencing racism

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Benimar

Yahew wrote: »
    I think we should American in everywhere, not just for black people. All Irish people to now be known as Irish-American, the Cornish are now Cornish-American, and all Africans who are black are, as before, African-American. White africans are just too confusing.

Shouldn't we be called German-Irish in light of recent economic events? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭samsham

K-9 wrote: »
    I know a girl who nearly got raped by a white, Irish taxi driver. She always looks for "foreign" drivers now.

Were all assuming this attempted rape ended up in the courts and the Driver Jailed. Was this in Waterford? Don't ever remember seeing the case on the papers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Just wondering how much would people expect to pay for a taxi from Revolution to the Forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Bout a fiver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

RaceCard.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭samsham

Just wondering how much would people expect to pay for a taxi from Revolution to the Forum?
    From the fare card on the commission website 5 euro for one person and 8 euro for 4 people also they can charge a 2 euro call out charge which would make it 10. Waterford dont charge that. I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

RaceCard.jpg

This made me giggle 😂😂😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

samsham wrote: »
    From the fare card on the commission website 5 euro for one person and 8 euro for 4 people also they can charge a 2 euro call out charge which would make it 10. Waterford dont charge that. I think
    3 of us got in a taxi on the rank by Revolution, 3 minute drive to the Forum, when we got there the meter said about €4.65 so I game him a tenner. He handed me back €3, I looked at him and then he gave me another 15 cent.

Why is there a rule about charging extra if there's more people? I thought that would only apply when there's a few drop-off points on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Why is there a rule about charging extra if there's more people? I thought that would only apply when there's a few drop-off points on the way.

Its a bit weird alright, but in fairness more people means more petrol burned carrying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

I use at least 4 taxis a week and the black men are the best by a long shot,
    always very polite and always call me sir, unlike those ignorent shower of white git so called locals.

up the black men.

• Advertisement

always very polite and always call me sir, unlike those ignorent shower of white git so called locals.

up the black men.

BTW im a white man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

BTW im a white man

Congratulations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

BTW im a white man
    I'm gonna need some sort of certification for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

I'm gonna need some sort of certification for that.

Get him to say the word "ask" and see does he say ask or axe. That's the best way to know when you can't see someone .

letsbet wrote: »
    Get him to say the word "ask" and see does he say ask or axe. That's the best way to know when you can't see someone .

axk :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

up the black men.

I find the same with nigerian taxi drivers and considering the amount of abuse they receive, remarkably restrained.
    Most Waterford native taxi drivers are reasonably polite, although not always.
    You often hear racist diatribes by white taxi drivers that is really off putting.

I generally try to get an African driver if I can.

letsbet wrote: »

i is a white man,
    i is what i is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Have to say i experienced it the other night and it was uncomfortable to say the least . I was outside the istanbul and two guys walked past the first 3 taxis which were been drivin by black taxi drivers one guys shoutd down to his mate get the fourth one its a white fella . Is that racism or supporting irish workers i thought after ? I felt it was wrong anyhow dunno what ye might think ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

So how many of us are after getting pissed and ended up in a black fellas taxi and ya start banging on about how you're a lovely Irish fella and not racist at all. Welcoming them to the country and wishing them the best in the future?

Slowly raises hand.:s

seanybiker wrote: »
    So how many of us are after getting pissed and ended up in a black fellas taxi and ya start banging on about how you're a lovely Irish fella and not racist at all. Welcoming them to the country and wishing them the best in the future?

i always use the black men, best in the world

• Advertisement

Olympic level drunken shite talker here

Have to say i experienced it the other night and it was uncomfortable to say the least . I was outside the istanbul and two guys walked past the first 3 taxis which were been drivin by black taxi drivers one guys shoutd down to his mate get the fourth one its a white fella . Is that racism or supporting irish workers i thought after ? I felt it was wrong anyhow dunno what ye might think ?

the 4th driver should have told them to fcuk right off,
    pair of ignorent racist gits.

longshanks wrote: »
    Olympic level drunken shite talker here

Hahaha I'm brutal bud.
    I even mention to the Irish taxi fellas that they must be annoyed by pissed people asking "so ya busy tonight bud" . Then that's it. Conversation finished so to break the silence, so eh where ya busy then or what?.

Some weather, isn't it?

Are there many around town tonight?

Hahaha I'm brutal bud.
    I even mention to the Irish taxi fellas that they must be annoyed by pissed people asking "so ya busy tonight bud" . Then that's it. Conversation finished so to break the silence, so eh where ya busy then or what?.

to right, the conversation do be brilliant,
    well boy' are you busy tonight' what time are you on til' did ya ever get your hole for payment :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

the 4th driver should have told them to fcuk right off,
    pair of ignorent racist gits.

That was never gonna happen. My father in law is a taxi driver in town and he has told me that almost every white driver in town hates almost every black driver in town. There is awful abuse slung back and forth between the two 'groups'. A lot of the black drivers try and overcharge where possible (I'm sure white drivers do this too) and one of the main issues is etiquette on the ranks... as in the black drivers dont have any.

They swap out cars to each other, let other family members and people of the same nationality use their cars to make more money and on the rank it's a queue system yet a black driver will regularly let another black driver cut in front of him to the detriment of whoever is behind them. He told me the way they look at it is, if someone doesn't want a black driver they are more than happy to take the fare because it's the customers right to choose which taxi to get into.

Just to be clear, I personally take whatever car is first in the queue, doesnt matter if they're black or white. Don't find the African lads too bad, I either talk soccer to them or not at all. And the soundest driver I got in a while was a Hungarian lad (I think! There may have been drink taken!), had a right chat with him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

The Irish drivers hate the black drivers,the Irish drivers that paid 70K plus for the license hate the Irish drivers that got the new cheap license,the black drivers hate the Irish drivers and the public hates them all.Let´s face it we love to hate.

The Irish drivers hate the black drivers,the Irish drivers that paid 70K plus for the license hate the Irish drivers that got the new cheap license,the black drivers hate the Irish drivers and the public hates them all.Let´s face it we love to hate.
    it's not the blaxis fault that the waxis had to pay a shed load for the taxis before they arrived.

Can't be called racist for saying blaxis since I called our lot waxis :p
    But yeah were Irish, we hate everyone including ourselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

It's racism, it's not "supporting Irish workers". The black driver could have been Irish. The white driver could have been Polish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

I'm shocked at the amount of racists on boards

If you refuse a taxi because the person is of the same ethnicity as the driver with whom you had a bad experience in the past (even if multiple times) then you're a racist, there is no buts about that

You're also a disgrace to Waterford, Ireland and humanity

Advertisement