Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carphone Warehouse Insurance

Options
  • 14-11-2011 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭

I got my iphone on the 18th of last month and took out the insurance on it. I dropped it last week and the screen shattered but i was still able to use it so i havnt bothered bringing it back.

But recently my messages are taking ages to deliver.As in me receiving them hours after they were sent.

Has anyone had any experience with this ?? like the process of it so i can get a new phone. Or if its getting repaired do the offer a temporary phone to use ?

Cheers lads!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

Bump anyone ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Have a read here http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/content/Lifeline-Insurance-Policy-Details/497

Generally you have claim as soon as it happens. They dont really like it when you report it months after because of unknown reasons.

Usually if you report it withing a couple of days their alot more easier to deal with. (keep that in mind) :)

If you go down to any CPW they will print out a form for your to fill out for accidental damage. You will have to fill in the details. The phone will go away for repairs and will be repaired under insurance.

In a case that its beyond repair (some internals damaged or w/e) they would just replace it with a new phone.

You might be able to get a standby phone meanwhile. But their only simple little du,b phones.

Advertisement