Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafes that are open until 9ish.

Options
  • 14-11-2011 4:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭

Are there any?
    Ideally I'd like to find somewhere with parking right outside for someone who can't walk far. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

The new cafe where Cafe Luna was is open late, they have a late licence for their wine bar.

Its decent enough, although expensive!.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Thanks very much the keen edge ,will give it a go!Any idea what it's called now?

Any other suggestions welcome too.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Java's is open fairly late, lovely little place and it's also a wine bar, it's on upper abbygate street and as far as i can remember there is a public car park right around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

The Galleon in Salthill is a good bet.

I was once stalking waiting for a moment to ask a girl on a date. She lived near the Galleon and I used to go there for a late coffee waiting for her to pass by. Anytime, I saw her, I stumbled and eventually gave up hope.

I was probably to classy for her :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

The new cafe where Cafe Luna was is open late, they have a late licence for their wine bar.

location please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

GastroBoy wrote: »
    Java's is open fairly late, lovely little place and it's also a wine bar, it's on upper abbygate street and as far as i can remember there is a public car park right around the corner.

you can only park in front of it if you are a Nigerian.

Mod note, ban

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

you can only park in front of it if you are a Nigerian.[/Quote]

Well I didn't say in front of the place did i genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Fuinseog wrote: »
    location please
    Two doors to the right of Tulsi if you are looking at Tulsi. Very nice coffee, its called Il Vicolo.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Map on here: http://www.galwaycafeguide.com/2011/10/cafe-luna.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

That's a million guys, will make a big difference to someone. I'm going to check all those out.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Yeah do report on what you think of Il Vicolo.

They seem like a pretty sound crowd that are operating it the coffee is decent alright. I got a panini and americano; would of liked to try their Piadina but it was off the menu for some reason.

Anyway the food was nice, however the bill came to €10.15, which is pricey for what is essentially a glorified sambo and coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Gingko

Kai Café & Restaurant on Sea Road. Lovely place with stone walls and timbers. Great service and good food. A little pricey but most enjoyable. Parking may not be right outside but there are plenty of spaces just a few doors up outside church etc.

http://www.kaicaferestaurant.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Gingko wrote: »
    Kai Café & Restaurant on Sea Road. Lovely place with stone walls and timbers. Great service and good food. A little pricey but most enjoyable. Parking may not be right outside but there are plenty of spaces just a few doors up outside church etc.

http://www.kaicaferestaurant.com/

Would Kai be ok with people just coming in for a coffee in the evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Also, any hotel. Radisson, Ardilaun, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Gingko

inisboffin wrote: »
    Would Kai be ok with people just coming in for a coffee in the evening?

Well I have been there with a friend in the evening and we were only buying coffee. They had no problem with us. But it was not particularly busy that night. Only one way to find out I guess? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Gingko wrote: »
    Well I have been there with a friend in the evening and we were only buying coffee. They had no problem with us. But it was not particularly busy that night. Only one way to find out I guess? :)

Not in the mood to risk it unless a need for serious caffeine high sets in with my carbound mate! ;)

Advertisement