Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dvix - Mpeg4

• 14-11-2011 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking a buying a portable DVD for my daughter and I want to get one that plays Divx / Mpeg4 etc but any that I see dont advertise been able to play AVI files or am I covered with Divx / Mpeg4 capability?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

anything that says it will play back divx or xvid files should be okay, but don't expect any of them to play back every single avi in history as the avi format is only a container file and what's inside it could be encoded any number of different ways and not all will work with these types of player.

having said that, most people who would be encoding avi files are aware of this and most of the sensible ones will avoid using anything too fruity so they maintain compatibility with dvd players etc. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

kop77 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking a buying a portable DVD for my daughter and I want to get one that plays Divx / Mpeg4 etc but any that I see dont advertise been able to play AVI files or am I covered with Divx / Mpeg4 capability?

Thanks,
    How big a screen would you be looking for? Maybe look up an Archos device? Although I think they've moved form the "media only" devices to the Android market.

Advertisement