Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall Damp conservatory

• 14-11-2011 11:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi any help appreciated

I have recently bought a house and there is a small conservatory in it. THere was a carpet in there that went up the small wall around the edge too (approx 10cm high). I have now removed this carpet and laid a laminate fllor there for the time being. Now the problem is is that the wall is quite wet and I dont know what to do, what should I put on it? Also if anyone has an idea of how to finish it off too would be great

Thanks
    in advance
    Clio

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

When you say the wall is quite wet, do you mean on the inside. Is the wall plastered. What is the finish on the outside of the wall, brick, plastered, dash, etc.
    As its a conservatory, is there a pvc cill, with windows above, water may be getting in under the cill, is there condensation on the inside of the windows.
    Maybe a couple of pictures, inside and out, might bring a few suggestions.

Advertisement