Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new customer

Options
  • 14-11-2011 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi

I had an eircom salesperson around this week and i was very impressed with his pitch but i was told to check out what he was offering by a couple of people so heres what he offered me:

-Up to 8mb broadband
    -30 euro for broadband and phone (free landline evening calls)
    -No line rental( this is the main thing im worried about cause everyone ive talked to have said that there is a line rental charge, i asked the salesman about the line rental several times and he insisted there was none)
    -Also as i have no phone line i was told that eircom would put one in.(i cant remember with 100% certainty weather he said this would cost anything)

Could ou please confirm all of this. Also will i actually get 8mb or will it be determined by the phone line.

Thanks
    Tittle mouse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Sounds like what i signed up to, and i do pay line rental and i didn't get 8mb broadband,it was an offer for the first 6 months i think, then bill went up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭tittle mouse

Thanks joesgirl i was afraid that i wasnt getting the full truth i was never told that it was a 6 month offer, i asked him at least 3 times if there was any line rental and he said no every time, i asked him if there was any hidden costs and he said no 30 euro a month...he even wrote it down and his name and number.

I refused to sign up until my current brodband contract finished

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

From what I've gatherered from friends is that 30 is the charge before line rental. So add another 25 on to that. And when a friend of mine got a line installed they were hit with a €120 connection fee. The attitude I have regarding Eircom not is get it all in writing before agreeing to anything!

thanks otomus prime. i made him write it down!! but theres a few holes in his sales pitch e.g i told him i had no need for a phone but he said but you get free calls to ring land lines wouldnt that be handy to ring schools doctors, tke aways etc. and i said to him its only free calls after 7 why would i be ringing schools or doctors after 7????

I hope some1 from eircom writes back to me to prove that all THEIR saleman said was true!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Its not free though, you have to pay line rental with eircom even if you only get BB, and you pay for the after 7 calls in the package, take the word "free" with a pinch of salt with eircom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi

I had an eircom salesperson around this week and i was very impressed with his pitch but i was told to check out what he was offering by a couple of people so heres what he offered me:

-Up to 8mb broadband
    -30 euro for broadband and phone (free landline evening calls)
    -No line rental( this is the main thing im worried about cause everyone ive talked to have said that there is a line rental charge, i asked the salesman about the line rental several times and he insisted there was none)
    -Also as i have no phone line i was told that eircom would put one in.(i cant remember with 100% certainty weather he said this would cost anything)

Could ou please confirm all of this. Also will i actually get 8mb or will it be determined by the phone line.

Thanks
    Tittle mouse
    Hi Tittle mouse
    was this offer the trial line offer? If so it would work out at approx €30 plus line. This offer is for 10 months and would then revert to the normal proce of €39.
    See online prices and plans here. Hope this helps, post me if you need more info.
    Tony

hi tony

he didnt say anything about it being a trial he told me it was a 12 month contract and when i asked him about line rental he said it was included in the 30 euro because m current provider is 30 euro for 3 mb and he said for 30 euro i would get 8mb.

So in the offer your describing is the line rental extra? and if so how much

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

hi tony

he didnt say anything about it being a trial he told me it was a 12 month contract and when i asked him about line rental he said it was included in the 30 euro because m current provider is 30 euro for 3 mb and he said for 30 euro i would get 8mb.

So in the offer your describing is the line rental extra? and if so how much

Thanks
    Hi tittle mouse
    yes the line rental is included in this price. If you DM me your tel number I can advise what speed your line can deliver ( as offer is up to 8Mb) I can also check on the details of a €30 offer which was suggested by the agent assigned to your area.
    Will be back as soon as I can.
    Tony

Advertisement