Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdrawing Pension after short service

• 14-11-2011 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I was working for a company for about 2 years. Towards the end they finally got my pension up and running and I had 3 months of contributions (Me and employer). I got made redundant and they put in about €2k as an AVC.

This was back in April 10.

Im employed now with a pension, but the old one is still sitting there. With tough times ahead, can I take that pension fund out and just pay tax on it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I would contact the hr department of the last company and ask them can you withdraw your pension.
    You need to be aware of the following:
    Once your in the scheme 2 years you can't withdraw the funds but the fund is there for you on retirement or when you reach a certain age.
    You will only get the money you put in less tax ie the company pays €1000 and you pay a further €500 - you will only get back the €500 less tax.
    This money could be worth a lot to you at a later stage then now.

Advertisement