Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone having lots of 4S problems?

Options
  • 14-11-2011 12:20pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else finding the 4S terrible?

Mine is dropping calls, terrible signal, signal disappearing. My other half's is worse with all of the above plus every text that come is it sounds like 2 texts (tone played over its self), call connect but neither party can hear anything, speaker randomly activating.

Even with the firmware fix the battery seems to be terrible.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

Rew wrote: »

Mine is dropping calls, terrible signal, signal disappearing. My other half's is worse with all of the above plus every text that come is it sounds like 2 texts (tone played over its self), call connect but neither party can hear anything, speaker randomly activating.

I am having no issues with my 4S. Have you tried reinstalling iOS 5.0.1 by going through the restore procedure in iTunes. The problem you are have sounds like its most likely software based.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Not having any issues with mine either, im finding it perfect, battery and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

This happens to me occasionally... Also if I get a text and if i don't read it, within a few minutes the tone sounds again

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

within a few minutes the tone sounds again

That's a setting you can change

That's a setting you can change

Aaah can you tell me how please. But I am getting a double tone where the message tone starts but before it finishes it restarts again

• Advertisement

Settings->Notifications->Messages->2nd last option is "Repeat Alert" set that to "Never"

Settings->Notifications->Messages->2nd last option is "Repeat Alert" set that to "Never"

Fantastic! Thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

having the double tone (tone played over its self) and call connect but neither party can hear anything and speaker randomly activating problems myself on my iPhone 4.

are you on o2 bill pay?

Vodafone bill for both phones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Vodafone network is very poor at the moment,

I am noticing it on both iphone I have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Not having any problems with my 4S on Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

4s on Three here, no problems at all so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Only problems I'm having:
    • Cannot access EirTextPro app when on 3G (fine when using wifi)
    • Battery life is bad

Other than those issues, it's a marvel.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

Vodafone bill for both phones

Turn off sim pin lock in phone settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Just got of the phone to apple I'm sending mine back. After about 10 restores my battery is crap.

Yesterday I done my last restore before I made the call to apple. With only one app installed my usage shows as I text usage 12 hours 38 minutes, standby 21 hours and 24 minutes.
    I'd say I used about 2 hours max and it's at 11%. Have everything off no apps installed no email no b/t no iCloud no feck all done all the tips and tricks you can think of still no joy.

Looks like the phone won't go on standby and something is running in the background all the time. When I gave the serial number to the chap on the phone he did not even ask did I do a restore or try anything else he just said we will take the phone back. So i will see what will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

you have a faulty handset.I'm on my 2nd one(got the first 1 replaced) and its perfect now,had the calls dropping .terrible signal,network searching ,no service ,couldnt sms etc and since i got a replacement everything perfect.I use the phone about 5 hrs a day for calls alone and it really has amazing coverage.

Turn off sim pin lock in phone settings.

Its off already

Its off already

It fixed my service issues but still having battery issues. Think I'll send it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

im having a few issues with my new iphone 4s also. First one is only a small one but i cannot get the LED light to come on for calls. I have turned it off and on again but still no joy.

2nd one is i have no personal hotspot, i've contacted both my provider (emobile) and Apple about it and still cannot get it working. Its weird because i had the same issue with my iphone 4 but only after I jailbroke it.

I've tried to restore the phone many times. doing different things every time ie restore from back up, restore as a new phone.

also i am experiencing intermittent issues with my internet speed, sometimes it will work ok, other times it will work but very slow and the odd time not work at all. I know its not a coverage issue.

any help on any of these issues would be greatly appreciated

Regards
    Dunny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Ward670

Got my 4S last friday but the earpiece didnt work at all. Got my new one today and no problems as of yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smndly

I had the service dropping problem... Changed sim card - no effect. Went onto apple. Went through 2.5 hours of tests and in the end they sent me a replacement. This is working perfectly now. So it's a hardware issue. Friend of mine had the exact same outcome so it must be common as hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭zenit

I've had problems with the sim lock entry, it takes up to twenty minutes to open the phone. I have sim lock off now but seem to be losing coverage intermittently. While looking at phone in settings my phone number disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

Those of you who got replacements, did you buy from Apple in the first place?

I have a 4S from Meteor and am having the same network issues. My sim pin is off which has helped reduce the frequency of the network drops, but it's still quite unusable outside of wifi. Meteor say I have to go through the sim swap procedure and then they send it off for repair. I'm wondering if I get on to Apple will I get a replacement quicker?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Donalh

Bought 4s 2 weeks ago and have the much publicised "poor battery performance" issue. Downloaded & installed the supposed fix (IOS update 5.0.1). Now battery is even worse, possibly as much as 50% worse. Now get approx 10-12 hours from full charge even with little or no usage.
    Suggest anyone with issues leave feedback on Apple site (link provided), bit of people power needed here guys, if enough people complain, they will fix . http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

So far so good. Some call drops but more to do with location than the phone I reckon. Pity Siri doesn't know Ireland would love to 'play around with her'. Other than that great yoke altogether.

AlanD wrote: »
    Those of you who got replacements, did you buy from Apple in the first place?

I have a 4S from Meteor and am having the same network issues. My sim pin is off which has helped reduce the frequency of the network drops, but it's still quite unusable outside of wifi. Meteor say I have to go through the sim swap procedure and then they send it off for repair. I'm wondering if I get on to Apple will I get a replacement quicker?

Go to apple. much easier. I just rang up and will have replacement on thursday latest. This is called the express return which carries a UPS charge of twenty something euro, but you can do the standard 7 to 10 day return with apple if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

Go to apple. much easier. I just rang up and will have replacement on thursday latest. This is called the express return which carries a UPS charge of twenty something euro, but you can do the standard 7 to 10 day return with apple if you want.

Is there a support website that Apple have where I can read up about their iPhone exchange program?

Is there a support website that Apple have where I can read up about their iPhone exchange program?

Have a look around here... I think you're better off ringing them though..they'll explain it really well to you... almost too well!

https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Really hope I don't encounter any of these problems or it will be a shi Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

You pay €29 and they send you the replacement phone via UPS.

How long it takes, I guess depends on stock. When I did this a couple of weeks ago, I called on Monday at around 3pm and the new phone was in my hand on Tuesday at midday. It comes fom the UK via Germany.

If you go ahead with the ERS they put a hold on your CC. It will be around €500 odd, depending on the size of your phone.

After you get your new phone you have 10 days to return the old one. With your new phone comes a booklet telling you how to return the old one.

New phone comes with a return bag with a label. You call UPS and they come and pick it up.

I called on Wednesday and the old phone was back at Apple 10am on Thursday. It goes back to the same place in the UK the new one came from.

If you don't return the old phone within 10 days they start charging you late fees. The first one is €200 and so on.

Advertisement