Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone having lots of 4S problems?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

Phone just goes silent on a call have to hang up and ring back is this a phone or network issue am on 2nd replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

eeloe wrote: »
    i need my phone turned on all the time for emergencies...that's the whole point of a mobile phone? !

No not at all, mine's purely for pleasure, I couldn't possibly countinance having an iphone for emergencies. What on earth do you do when you're flying and there's an energency? Don't say you pack a parachute and jump out when you get an emergency call?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

eeloe wrote: »
    I've just lost 40% of battery life over-night on my 4s! :(

people are saying put the phone in airplane mode and see the battery loss over night, i need my phone turned on all the time for emergencies...that's the whole point of a mobile phone?

really wish apple would sort this out!

I agree with naasrd. What can happen between 12 and 7. Most people will be a sleep.
    Another reason why I put my phone on Aeroplane at night. Feckin aldi and lidl seem to like to email me at 4am.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

naasrd wrote: »
    No not at all, mine's purely for pleasure, I couldn't possibly countinance having an iphone for emergencies. What on earth do you do when you're flying and there's an energency? Don't say you pack a parachute and jump out when you get an emergency call?

Are you for real?

Of course i turn it off while on a plane, but it's nice to have my phone available for a call at night, who knows what might happen between the hours of 12-7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Fredbkkr

kjl wrote: »
    Vodafone network is very poor at the moment,

I am noticing it on both iphone I have
    I think it depends on where you live.My wife's phone have no problem with Vodafone , its just the battery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Lizzyloula

Oh godddd . My phone is driving me up the wall , I have it less than a week , and I noticed it not sending texts a few days ago but the last 48hours have me nearly tearing my hair out , today I went to town to storm into the shop and demand a new 4s but of course the minute I got off the bus it was working perfectly , but I still went in for a small rant , told me to turn off the running apps which I forgot how to do , and just wait if it's working well now coz it could just be "the wind" - clearly not . So then the minute I walked into my house my fone started being a knob again and I can't recieve or send texts nor calls , I'd have more fun with a dead rat then this yoke . I updated it all and still it's crap . Turned it on and off like a teenage boy , still no use . Although my battery seems to last like a day ? But I haven't been using it lately . What should I do ?

Oh godddd . My phone is driving me up the wall , I have it less than a week , and I noticed it not sending texts a few days ago but the last 48hours have me nearly tearing my hair out , today I went to town to storm into the shop and demand a new 4s but of course the minute I got off the bus it was working perfectly , but I still went in for a small rant , told me to turn off the running apps which I forgot how to do , and just wait if it's working well now coz it could just be "the wind" - clearly not . So then the minute I walked into my house my fone started being a knob again and I can't recieve or send texts nor calls , I'd have more fun with a dead rat then this yoke . I updated it all and still it's crap . Turned it on and off like a teenage boy , still no use . Although my battery seems to last like a day ? But I haven't been using it lately . What should I do ?

Also no coverage no Internet bla bla bla

• Registered Users Posts: 25 rustydrog

Lizzyloula wrote: »

What Network are you on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Sounds like a loose antenna inside the iPhone, had a similar problem with the iPhone 4 recently reconnecting the antenna fixed the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭nhg

Twice over the christmas hols the calendar was a day behind, I just turned it off and turned it back on and it was correct again, last two days when I try to get into safari it says 'cannot connect to safari' - just wondering is it the data coverage with the storm, when I am in the office or anywhere there is wifi it seems to be working perfect - i am with o2

Has anyone else got any of these problems.

rustydrog wrote: »
    What Network are you on?

meteor but of course!:mad:

justryan wrote: »
    Sounds like a loose antenna inside the iPhone, had a similar problem with the iPhone 4 recently reconnecting the antenna fixed the issue.

i think it might be a meteor coverage thing ? i dont know i did everything . how does one reconnect ones antenna?:p

nhg wrote: »
    Twice over the christmas hols the calendar was a day behind, I just turned it off and turned it back on and it was correct again, last two days when I try to get into safari it says 'cannot connect to safari' - just wondering is it the data coverage with the storm, when I am in the office or anywhere there is wifi it seems to be working perfect - i am with o2

Has anyone else got any of these problems.

go to settings , general, network and make sure the data roaming and the one underneath is on . not a techy person but thats all i can think of . have u had any dropped calls or texts?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭flyandrain

any ideas about internet on iphone 4s, i am with Meteor,wifi works fine for me, the only issue i had about internet on my iphone 4s, it does not seem like working properly. even though with full bars reception and 3G mark on screen, Internet does not work at all, but it works perfectly when i reset network.

any ideas,plz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

i think it might be a meteor coverage thing ? i dont know i did everything . how does one reconnect ones antenna?:p

With the right tools there are two screws on the bottom they can be either phillips head or pentalobe with the two screws removed the back cover slides right off.

You don't void your warranty attempting this repair, if the coaxial cable has come loose from its connector you will experience poor reception you'd be lucky to get one bar of signal and calls will drop.

With the back cover off you'll want to remove the screw securing the battery connecter in place, carefully pry up the battery connecter and you'll be able to acces the antenna cable nudge it slightly to see if it's loose and reconnect if it has been disconnected from the connecter.

Reassemble the iPhone and it should work fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Am thinking of upgrading to a 4S in a few months. Perhaps not now after reading this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭shanec1928

G-Money wrote: »
    Am thinking of upgrading to a 4S in a few months. Perhaps not now after reading this thread!
    dont let some peoples complaints put you off. i got mine on tuesady and its being brilliant battery drops fairly for the usage and i have had no problems with mine.

dont let some peoples complaints put you off. i got mine on tuesady and its being brilliant battery drops fairly for the usage and i have had no problems with mine.

It's the 4 day curse :P I wana bring mine back ive only had it a week ! I don't know what to do

With the right tools there are two screws on the bottom they can be either phillips head or pentalobe with the two screws removed the back cover slides right off.

You don't void your warranty attempting this repair, if the coaxial cable has come loose from its connector you will experience poor reception you'd be lucky to get one bar of signal and calls will drop.

With the back cover off you'll want to remove the screw securing the battery connecter in place, carefully pry up the battery connecter and you'll be able to acces the antenna cable nudge it slightly to see if it's loose and reconnect if it has been disconnected from the connecter.

If I make it thru this we'r doing well ! My battery died overnight too Piece of ****

• Advertisement

flyandrain wrote: »
    any ideas about internet on iphone 4s, i am with Meteor,wifi works fine for me, the only issue i had about internet on my iphone 4s, it does not seem like working properly. even though with full bars reception and 3G mark on screen, Internet does not work at all, but it works perfectly when i reset network.

any ideas,plz?

That's what started happening to me before all of this , are your calls and texts ok ?

That's what started happening to me before all of this , are your calls and texts ok ?

yeah. calls and texts are okay, just internet gives me troubles. :confused:

Yeah, mine's working a treat too. Using Siri for reminders quite a lot and for the odd text and email. Didn't think I'd get much use out of this feature but it's really impressed me.

If I make it thru this we'r doing well ! My battery died overnight too Piece of ****

u can also drop into the shop and ask the engineer to check it up without charges.

Typetec Ltd
    Unit G6, Calmount Business Park
    Dublin, D12
    353 0 5009000

flyandrain wrote: »

yeah. calls and texts are okay, just internet gives me troubles. :confused:

Well hopefully it stays only with internet problems for you ! Try drop instore , they can configure ur fone by adding settings to make the Internet stronger . I was sent all the steps by email from meteor but they tell u to go to the APN settings which I don't have , I only have VPN ... And I don't understand any of that malarkey so ur wan on the fone told me to drop in and they'll do it there so maybe try them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Don't know if this makes any difference but I recently restored my 3GS and I noticed for the first 5 or 10 minutes the signal was very weak, 1 or 2 bars at most.

After about 10 minutes the signal went back up to the normal 3 or 4 hours. Not sure if Vodafone sends some sort of over the air configs or something, but it was something I noticed anyway.

Also I couldn't locate the screws coz they're soooo tiny , you'd need a mouse size screw driver to get them out !

Don't know if this makes any difference but I recently restored my 3GS and I noticed for the first 5 or 10 minutes the signal was very weak, 1 or 2 bars at most.

After about 10 minutes the signal went back up to the normal 3 or 4 hours. Not sure if Vodafone sends some sort of over the air configs or something, but it was something I noticed anyway.

Supposedly it's the meteor sim card , meteor sim cards are 32k whereas voda and o2 are 128k that's meant to be where the problem lies .... I Wudnt know tho !

Supposedly it's the meteor sim card , meteor sim cards are 32k whereas voda and o2 are 128k that's meant to be where the problem lies .... I Wudnt know tho !

This seems to be the common denominator. Maybe if someone has an unlocked one with a meteor sim, switched over to a VF, 3 or 02 one and see if there was any change?

• Advertisement

naasrd wrote: »

This seems to be the common denominator. Maybe if someone has an unlocked one with a meteor sim, switched over to a VF, 3 or 02 one and see if there was any change?

I went into meteor today , was told again that a mast was down in my area that's why , and all sim cards they've provided for the last 2 years have been 128k ..... I don't know what to think . My fones working perfectly right now but I'm not in my house where the problem seems only to lie ...

Advertisement