Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone having lots of 4S problems?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    I'm with meteor and haven't had any issues. Crap signal at times but I still get my calls texts working. iMessage can mess up at times, have to switch on and off wifi to get it going.
    Jelly SMS has also stopped working for me. But the meteor website is a mess anyway so I don't blame the app totally.
    Battery sucks but not half as bad as others say, I still get about a day out of the phone, that's with email etc, play games the odd time. Sometimes I think of swapping the 4s for a 4 plus cash.

Hope it gets better.
    By the sounds of things you are having issues you should be getting a solid smooth experience.
    Your being to kind. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

What exactly is a hard reset?
    I have heard of a soft reset.
    Can you explain them both to me and the difference please?

A soft reset is just restarting the phone as normal, hard reset is holding the two buttons down until the Apple logo appears.

To add insult to my restore shambles from last night, battery is totally up to ****. Went to bed with 85% woke up and it was down to 68%. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

By the sounds of things you are having issues you should be getting a solid smooth experience.
    Your being to kind. ;)

Every smart phone ive had has its ups and downs. Its mostly great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Every smart phone ive had has its ups and downs. Its mostly great.

In fairness, you probably have not experienced watching the battery percentage drop like a f**king stone as you watch the screen of a brand new, fully charged 4S.

dodzy wrote: »
    In fairness, you probably have not experienced watching the battery percentage drop like a f**king stone as you watch the screen of a brand new, fully charged 4S.

Done a test last night, went to bed and left the iphone on the locker, not charging, it was at 37%. Looked at it this morning and it was 28%. that some drop in a night.

I gave my GF my old IP4, kinda miss it now!

Whats the number people are using to contact apple?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

update fixed any batt issues i had. However im on emobile(meteor) and 3g is just terrible and text messages are constantly failing. I tried a new sim and still the same problem. Tried the sim in a desire with a microsim adapter and 3g is 4 mb per second and texts are seding straight away. I am awaiting a replacement phone from apple at the moment but concerned that there may be some issue with meteor sims and iphone 4s

Ill report back on how it works with new phone

mad muffin wrote: »
    Not having any problems with my 4S on Vodafone.

Wow what a difference a fortnight makes. :eek:

Phone turns off and only hard reset brings it back, settings app keeps crashing, phone connects to other party but I can't hear them, keep getting sim lock and battery up to ****. :rolleyes:

Phone charged up to 98% in a night las night, took it off charger and dropped to 95%. weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Rob C

Just an update on this.

I'm waiting on a replacement phone from Apple. I'm not holding out huge hope to be honest as others have received replacements and have experienced the same issues...All Meteor customers.

I raised this on the Meteor forum, with customer care. Now the guy there has said he's raised this with the Head of Tech and they are aware of the problems. He was also asked about the Micro sim being 128 K or 64 K etc. Also raised was the potential HPSA dual antenna the iPhone 4S has and that this could be the issue. He is again waiting to hear back from them.

http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?showtopic=2774

What seems to be clear is the iPhone 4S has had no issues like this on O2 and I presume on 3 either. This has to be a sim issue with the Meteor network...

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Rob C wrote: »
    I raised this on the Meteor forum, with customer care. Now the guy there has said he's raised this with the Head of Tech and they are aware of the problems. He was also asked about the Micro sim being 128 K or 64 K etc. Also raised was the potential HPSA dual antenna the iPhone 4S has and that this could be the issue. He is again waiting to hear back from them.

http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?showtopic=2774

What seems to be clear is the iPhone 4S has had no issues like this on O2 and I presume on 3 either. This has to be a sim issue with the Meteor network...

I am the guy Kingcanton7 who posted on the meteor forum. I really think it is a Meteor issue but Apple have offered to give me another phone. So this will be my third if I accept.

• Advertisement

wonder if its a contract breaker!

Can you exchange the phone in the shop you bought it in, like the carphone warehouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭potsy11

Just to let you all know that i brought my phone back to the o2 store where i purchased it. It was within the 7 days 'change of mind period', so the O2 employee suggested that i return the phone on a 'change of mind' basis and then just do a new upgrade again.

I got a new iphone 4s in white. I have it nearly 2 weeks and its working perfectly.

Hope y'all get your iphone problems resolved.

Over and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 rustydrog

People have to start letting Meteor know that Comreg will be brought into it otherwise nothing will get done.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭breeno

Has anybody else had a problem where occasionally the phone will show 3G coverage but not connect to the internet at all? Only turning the phone off and on again seems to bring it back? I bought direct from apple and they have offered me a new phone but I don't have a credit card and they will only give the replacement if I give them a credit card. Has anybody used this service with a laser card? Do I need a new device even? Any help would be great. Thanks.

breeno wrote: »
    Has anybody else had a problem where occasionally the phone will show 3G coverage but not connect to the internet at all? Only turning the phone off and on again seems to bring it back? I bought direct from apple and they have offered me a new phone but I don't have a credit card and they will only give the replacement if I give them a credit card. Has anybody used this service with a laser card? Do I need a new device even? Any help would be great. Thanks.

This happened me last night. what network are you with?

Happened to me this morning and Im with Meteor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Happened to me on my original 4S but not yet on the new replacement. (Replaced for a different reason)

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭breeno

I'm with Vodafone. I'm thinking about asking about getting a new miocro sim to see if it will solve the issue but Apple did pretty much say it sounds like a hardware fault. I don't know what to do to be honest.

Trying to get a replacement from apple. Didnt know you had to pay to get a faulty phone replaced. pretty cheeky to be honest.

Trying to get a replacement from apple. Didnt know you had to pay to get a faulty phone replaced. pretty cheeky to be honest.

Only if you want them to send you a new phone first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

breeno wrote: »

I got a new sim Saturday. My last one had been cut down from a normal one. Just to rule that out as my problem.

In general even before the new sim. I was noticing an improvement in connecting to the Internet. Network improvements maybe?

But this morning I got this quoted problem twice. I never got it with my old sim. Lost ability to connect to the Internet. Aeroplane mode on and off did not work. So I had to restart the phone. That worked. I'm with Meteor.

Meteor appear to hold monopoly on 4s fuk ups and sh1t service.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 rustydrog

Could anyone on Meteor with 4S problems post them here, they need to see it spelt out in black and white. (or black and orange!)

http://forums.meteor.ie/index.php?showtopic=2774&hl=

was having problems with 4s on emobile, got new 4s and problems seems to be gone now

jd83 wrote: »
    was having problems with 4s on emobile, got new 4s and problems seems to be gone now

What issues were you having mate?

sending texts, the sending bar would go 70% of the way across and then stay there. Then 5 min later id get message send failed. Head wrecking as id quickly send a message not pay attention and put phone in pocket then an hour later when i happen to be checking it id see the message never sent.

Also 3g was just terrible. Wouldnt load a page Then when i go to click a link on the page it would slowly load. Even though i had full bars and 3g. Only way to fix was to reset network setting and it would be fine for a while then back to not working.

Only got the new phone yesterday. But i have turned off wifi and i am just using 3g on emobile. Going to keep it like that for a day or two to make sure there are no 3g issues with it.

jd83 wrote: »

Only got the new phone yesterday. But i have turned off wifi and i am just using 3g on emobile. Going to keep it like that for a day or two to make sure there are no 3g issues with it.

Will you let me know if your texts continue to work or if they fail?
    I had the same issues re texting and got my phone replaced. It did not fix it. However I have another option to have it replaced again. Want to be sure its the phone before I change it again.

yh sure. Hopefully they dont. If the same problems come back what can i do. I bought sim free from apple so dont think they will refund if its a meteor problem.

Have arranged a replacement phone with apple, should have it in the next day or so, ill let ya know if the probelms with signal and 3G are better or the same. There is something with the 4S that meteor cant get their head around, my GF has my old IP4 and its grand not a bother with it.

• Advertisement

Have arranged a replacement phone with apple, should have it in the next day or so, ill let ya know if the probelms with signal and 3G are better or the same. There is something with the 4S that meteor cant get their head around, my GF has my old IP4 and its grand not a bother with it.

Great, please do mate. Are you having issues with texts not sending too?

Advertisement