Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone having lots of 4S problems?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I don't understand. Did you go through Apple went you sent the phone back?

You can either send them back the phone for free and they send you a self addressed UPS courier bag or you can pay €29 for Express Replacement Service and they send you a replacement phone and a self addressed courier bag to send back your old phone.

Also if you have Apple care the ERS is free of charge.

Regarding the idle usage, I was getting that on all of my 4S's on my last one I did a reset all settings and now the battery is quit excellent.

4hr usage, 2 day standby and the battery is at 16%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

To people on eMobile having 3G issues, I can't comment on 32k sims, but I called eMobile this week and had them remove and resubmit the data profile on my account, and have been trouble free so far since then. (I've had a new eMobile mico sim since oct 28th)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Were do I begin...
    I got my 4S straight from apple. The battery drains 60% overnight on idle. Unless I have 80% or more going to bed it could be dead. I was late for work the first time this happened as it died overnight.

Also I was getting o and E or even no service all the time in work were my old 4 was grand.

I sent the phone back to apple on the 29th Nov and they still havnt got it. I had to fax them my proof of post. Think it might be lost in the post. I have been using an old phone since then. Its best feature is snake 2.
    I wish I had have gone with the express delivery. €40 to the courier but he would have handed me a new phone within 3 working days.

What I would give even to have the crappy battery no service iphone back. If any of you get to the stage were you are sending it for service pay the extra for peace of mind. Wish I did.

You posted a €600 phone? Apple will pick up the broken one and send you a new one 3 days later via courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 karljd

Sent me young lads ipod back to apple(home button wasn't working)apple sent a ups package via royal mail express,rang ups package was picked up the next day.All in all took about 5 working days,why would you want to post it back yourself?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Rob C wrote: »
    Guys, we have a serious issue with Meteor and the iPhone 4S. I see on the Meteor forums they confirmed the Micro sim is just 32K!!! Nevermind even 64K, it's just 32K! It needs to be 128K for the iPhone 4S!

Bloody hell, this is a total disaster......

We have to be able to get out of these contracts. Under consumer law we're covered I believe, the product is not performing or functioning as specified so we should be able to return and cancel the contract with NO penalties.

Meteor are not equipped for the iPhone 4S..

How come the simcard i'm using in my 4s wasn't giving me the slightest bit of bother in my old iphone 4?

• Advertisement

To people on eMobile having 3G issues, I can't comment on 32k sims, but I called eMobile this week and had them remove and resubmit the data profile on my account, and have been trouble free so far since then. (I've had a new eMobile mico sim since oct 28th)

I've just called them(meteor) and asked them to do the same to my account, hopefully it solves the problem, i really don't want to cancel, i love the meteor network, and most of my friends and family are also on meteor...so it'll be a shame i'd have to leave!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Rob C

eeloe wrote: »
    How come the simcard i'm using in my 4s wasn't giving me the slightest bit of bother in my old iphone 4?

Because of the new dual band antenna in the 4S. For whatever reasons, some network microsims can't handle the 4S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Wajjn

Because of the new dual band antenna in the 4S. For whatever reasons, some network microsims can't handle the 4S

Hi Rob

ive seen your posts on the meteor forum about these issues and was just wondering where are you getting your information from?

The simcard idea does make sense as it works some of the time but obviously not all. would a o2 sim work fine? does anybody know the capacity of a o2 micro sim?

im concerned my self and the lack of support from meteor is upsetting.

are you currently under contract with them? im lucky enough to be out of my contract at the minute so cancelling is a option but i really dont like the look of o2 or vodafone.

it is distressing having a brand new 4s and still having to use my battered old iphone 4 because im afraid of missing work calls :/

It appears meteor removing and resubmitting my data profile hasn't had the effect 120_Minutes has seen.

I'm actually kinda annoyed that I'll have to leave meteor over this, O2 and Vodafone don't offer half as good value, and I wouldnt touch 3 with a barge pole.

Strangely enough tho, I've noticed that my iMessages are working all the time, even tho when I can't connect to a website or an app?

Strange.

• Advertisement

eeloe wrote: »
    It appears meteor removing and resubmitting my data profile hasn't had the effect 120_Minutes has seen.

I'm actually kinda annoyed that I'll have to leave meteor over this, O2 and Vodafone don't offer half as good value, and I wouldnt touch 3 with a barge pole.

Did you power cycle the phone?

Yep, done the power cycle and it's still the same.

Might chance changing the sim tomorrow in a meteor store too...

Wajjn wrote: »
    Hi Rob

ive seen your posts on the meteor forum about these issues and was just wondering where are you getting your information from?

The simcard idea does make sense as it works some of the time but obviously not all. would a o2 sim work fine? does anybody know the capacity of a o2 micro sim?

im concerned my self and the lack of support from meteor is upsetting.

are you currently under contract with them? im lucky enough to be out of my contract at the minute so cancelling is a option but i really dont like the look of o2 or vodafone.

it is distressing having a brand new 4s and still having to use my battered old iphone 4 because im afraid of missing work calls :/

I got the information from a huge thread on this on the Apple Discussions forum. There are certain networks in other countries that are having the same issue. One in Sweden and Denmark and Turkey I think it was as well. Other Swedes on other networks for instance were fine. Some users dug deeper and started to look at the sim and lucky for them, their carriers did have 128K micro sims and they reported the issue as being fixed when they got the new sim.

Sadly, I am with Meteor under contract for 2 years....I was fully willing to put up with the odd No service, or reduced coverage, but not this.

Meteor are really off the 8 Ball here, they cannot cope with this new iPhone it seems and their customer service dept is just not adequate for their customer base. It's not just this issue, look at all the complaints of people waiting hours to get though to them. They'll find themselves in huge trouble with lost customers if they don't do something fast.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

what difference does the sim (32k Vs 128k) make? I have zero knowledge on this....

But, I will say that my (meteor) reception has been brilliant with the ip4s. Really my only issue with it is the erratic battery drain.

battery drain started again this morning, after a few days of it being "normal" (25% used after 1 hour use/2 hours standby) so i'm resetting all settings

phone was very warm again too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Wajjn

it is all a bit shambolic :<

i will pop into a meteor store today where i know the employee's are avid iphone users.

i will also get a o2 micro sim and test these theorys.

i feel sorry for ye all who are on contract, but surely this type of crap service will enable ye to get out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 rustydrog

Meteor have locked the Iphone 4s complaints thread on their board :rolleyes:
    Apparently their new forum is launching. How convenient.

rustydrog wrote: »

That's really laughable!!!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Just got my new replacement 4s from apple today fingers crossed the battery will be fine.

Today, mine appeared to be fine, loaded stuff when i wanted it while using mobile data, the weather app is still down tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 rustydrog

Did you have the texting issue and has it cleared up? Mine is still acting up today, texts failing constantly. 3g has been ok in fairness but only used twitter and rte app, nothing heavy.

I had an issue with iMessage where it wouldn't send pictures, but it's cleared up...

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Guys, we have a serious issue with Meteor and the iPhone 4S. I see on the Meteor forums they confirmed the Micro sim is just 32K!!! Nevermind even 64K, it's just 32K! It needs to be 128K for the iPhone 4S!

Bloody hell, this is a total disaster......

We have to be able to get out of these contracts. Under consumer law we're covered I believe, the product is not performing or functioning as specified so we should be able to return and cancel the contract with NO penalties.

Meteor are not equipped for the iPhone 4S..

Oh dear - wish I had seen this before!
    I have just gotten myself a 4s from Apple (so not locked to a network, thankfully!) and it is due to be delivered tomorrow.
    I am on a Meteor sim only plan, and popped in to Meteor to enquire about getting a micro sim (currently on a iPhone 3GS) once the 4s had arrived, and was told they would cut my current sim.
    Any idea if the normal sim is 128k?

I'll move if I have to, but the Meteor plan suits me really well, so I'd like to stay with them if I can.

Fiii wrote: »
    Oh dear - wish I had seen this before!
    I have just gotten myself a 4s from Apple (so not locked to a network, thankfully!) and it is due to be delivered tomorrow.
    I am on a Meteor sim only plan, and popped in to Meteor to enquire about getting a micro sim (currently on a iPhone 3GS) once the 4s had arrived, and was told they would cut my current sim.
    Any idea if the normal sim is 128k?

I'll move if I have to, but the Meteor plan suits me really well, so I'd like to stay with them if I can.

WTH kind of cowboy outfit is Meteor? It's one thing to cut your own sim at home but to have them do it instead of giving you a micro sim?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

mad muffin wrote: »
    WTH kind of cowboy outfit is Meteor? It's one thing to cut your own sim at home but to have them do it instead of giving you a micro sim?:eek:

Yeah, I thought it was a bit strange. Figured maybe they have some sort of cutting device, ie not a knife ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

There are SIM cutters available (works like a cookie cutter) which give perfect result, but they must be watching the pennies - a SIM is a couple of € from the SIM manufacturers, but every little helps™

I popped my phone on to charge last night it was at 33%, 8 hours later I go to get my phone and it's still charging and is at 98%.

I also noticed the settings app started crashing again in the last few days and now I'm having idle usage again this morning with the battery draining away.

This is just getting ridiculous. :mad:

I must have gotten some of your idle usage, after I did my reset and took it off charge at 8.30 yesterday morning, at noon it said it had been on standby for over an hour!

OK panic over. A restart seems to have cured the problem…for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

rustydrog wrote: »

In fairness the thread is open now.
    Can be found here

http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Apple/Serious-Issues-With-Iphone-4s-Many-Users-Reporting-The-Same/td-p/15254

Advertisement