Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone having lots of 4S problems?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

The hits just keep on coming. When someone calls the slide to answer is unresponsive and I can't answer the call. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Ward670

anyones location services messed up in the last few days? when im in 3G the maps pinpoints me correctly. when outside 3g it says im in either albania or china

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭franciec

Ward670 wrote: »
    anyones location services messed up in the last few days? when im in 3G the maps pinpoints me correctly. when outside 3g it says im in either albania or china

Yeah I've been in bogota, the last few days. I think it's the network who are you with, I'm with three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Ward670

hmm im with vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭franciec

Reading the apple forums it seem to be just the 4S and Vodafone when not connected to 3G or wifi. I think 3 piggybacks on Vodafone when not on 3G so might be the case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Ward670 wrote: »

Apparently I've been in a shopping centre in Shanghai for the last few days. I'm on O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 rustydrog

I get that kind of thing sometimes on Meteor, but not as dramatic as you guys. I live in Dublin 8 but regularly show up down in Dundrum or Bray direction. It corrects itself on WIFI

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

Android 4 life

• Registered Users Posts: 25 rustydrog

Overature wrote: »
    Android 4 life

I regret the switch. Was so happy with my Desire but a free iphone won me over. Big mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Fix for No Service, No Signal and text messages failing has been released by Apple. Its an ammended version of 5.01
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4148

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Lockster

I've restored as suggested but still can't send mms messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

On my second replacement. I'm now getting really bad interference like a whooshing noise on my phone when on a call it happens intermittently but driving me mad. Im on meteor. Has anyone a fix for this? Wish I could just get rid of it now sickened that I'm tied in to 24 month contract for this cr@p!

Lockster wrote: »
    I've restored as suggested but still can't send mms messages.

Ah ****e. Are you running this 5.0.1 (9A406) version now?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Lockster

Yeah running the updated software

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I'm worried that the new build of iOS 5.0.1 might block the jailbreak?

Anyone have a clue if it'll affect it?

eeloe wrote: »

I don't think so as Pod2g and Musclenerd think the software is more open to breaking than the previous ones. I can't be sure though. I upgraded as although I am dying for the jailbreak, I want a functioning phone first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

eeloe wrote: »

5.0.1 is untethered jailbroken by pod2g
    So it's safe to update, check his blog for release news

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

5.0.1 is untethered jailbroken by pod2g
    So it's safe to update, check his blog for release news

For the 4S?

mad muffin wrote: »
    For the 4S?

No, not yet. He is working on it this weekend. Supposedly the code/method used i should not be much different from that which jailbroke the A4 devices the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Rob C

I got my replacement phone from Apple yesterday.

So far, no issues. Have sent a tonnes of texts, testing this out and they go straight through, no hangs and no dropped networks to "No Service". I'm on Meteor and had all those problems before. I did the update as well yesterday evening when i hooked the phone up to my mac.

• Advertisement

Rob C wrote: »
    I got my replacement phone from Apple yesterday.

So far, no issues. Have sent a tonnes of texts, testing this out and they go straight through, no hangs and no dropped networks to "No Service". I'm on Meteor and had all those problems before. I did the update as well yesterday evening when i hooked the phone up to my mac.

Mine is perfect since the update last night. I got a replacement from Apple a few weeks ago and it did not solve the issue. Seems the update has....so far..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

This is my Second iphone 4s... And its still giving Problems, Texts are not Sending, Call Failed coming up need to send it back again....

Cork24 wrote: »
    This is my Second iphone 4s... And its still giving Problems, Texts are not Sending, Call Failed coming up need to send it back again....

Did you update to the new version of 5.01 released yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 RobbieSEI

Just got the iPhone there. How long should I leave it charging before use, to ensure maximum battery life? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

RobbieSEI wrote: »
    Just got the iPhone there. How long should I leave it charging before use, to ensure maximum battery life? Cheers.

Just let it go through a full cycle once per month(from fully depleted to full charged). Download Battery Doctor from the app store. It gives you reminders and advice for best use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Harcrid

The newest update has not fixed my intermittent "No Service" issues unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

the 5.01 has being out weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Harcrid

There is a newer version of 5.01 that has just come out in the last few days. It's not being pushed automatically to every phone as it is only targeted at people who are experiencing network problems. The new version is 5.0.1 (9A406) whereas the old version was 5.0.1 (9A405)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

does anyone know why my 4s doesnt charge off the usb on my tv? the iphone 3g and iphone 4 did. but the 4s doesnt?

• Advertisement

Mine is perfect so far since the update on Friday. No failed texts, no loss of signal, great 3G. Please god it continues.

Advertisement