Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

outdoor food vendoring, where to start?

Options
  • 14-11-2011 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

I've got an idea where i'd like to setup a stand at outdoor gigs, selling a type of condiment foodstuff.
    I guess i didn't really want to get into the specfics.

But let's just say it requires a gas powered cooking machine, so that means gas bottle and an open flame.

The foodstuffs themselves don't require being stored at a particular temperature.

Anyway, because it's "snack food" (concession stand, snack kiosk or snack bar - not sure what phrase to use), would my idea require a special license or something?

Food Health and Safety permit?

Where to start?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

Its not as easy as you might think.

1) You need proper locations, approved locations.
    2) Concerts and big venues are operating under one or two operators. If you get in the charges (space, power etc.) are huge. I was working in the business for a year with one of the biggest operators here in Ireland.
    3) Insurance.
    4) Health officer.
    5) etc.

My advise would be, that if you believe that you have a product that sells, you are better of leasing a permanent location, which are available plenty at the moment. Good luck Oliver

Advertisement