Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card refund

Options
  • 14-11-2011 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

Hi

After a long dispute with a retailer, I finally got them to take back a piece of furniture that they had delivered damaged. When they collected it, they gave me the credit card refund receipt, ie the one that prints out from the credit card machine at tills where you type in your pin, which was printed with the correct date, marked REFUND and for the correct amount to the correct card.

Does this confirm that the refund has actually taken place? Could they have issued the refund and then cancelled the transaction subsequently? I'm probably being paranoid, but we've gone through a nightmare of lies and changed stories with this dealer to get to here, so I won't relax until I actually see the money in my account.
    I've phoned the CC company, but they said it may take a few days to show up.
    Can anyone put my mind more at rest than it is now?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

generally they ask for you to go back and they simply put it back on to your card...although they can do it this way aswell...it can take awhile, from a day or two to a week,you find its the same when you purchase items and it takes awhile for it to debit from your card aswell as when its been credited.just hold on to all documents and wait

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭n900guy

Yeah I think it processes immediately with the recept but can take 5 days to appear on credit card statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Voids have to be done the same day as the original purchase. Anything after this has to be a refund or OCT.

OP: Your slip is evidence enough (at least, it would be evidence enough for me, and I work in the credit card business).

If it doesn't come through, send a copy to your bank and ask them to investigate the missing refund. Processing fake refunds is a surefire way of the shop losing their merchant terminal and merchant account, and your bank (who were handsomely paid for the original purchase by the way) have an obligation to investigate on your behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭newport2

Thanks for your replies, got my money back this morning

• Advertisement
Advertisement