Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Leak Toyota Yaris

• 14-11-2011 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭

I own one of the early model Toyota Yaris and it has a leak somewhere on the driver side. Some mornings there could be a small pool of water on the driver floor mat. There is also some damp/mold on the top side of where the driver door meets the car.

I'm not sure where the leak could be (aerial, door seal, windscreen seal, etc.) and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend someone in or around the city to take a look at it. Raheen or Castletroy would be the handiest places for me to drop it off.

So far I'm thinking about PGT Motors or even asking O Mara Motors to have a look at it (though they'd probably charge me an arm and a leg)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

try PJs garage where omaras used to be on the Ennis rd,,polish lads who i deal with and are very good,wont charge a fortune either,,got my brakes for 80 and most others were looking for 120.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

Don't do anything until you search that exact problem on boards...almost certain i saw a thread recently about "water in footwell" or something to that effect. The lad that put it up actually posted photos of the problem when he found what it was.....a load of old leaves/debri blocking the drains just under the bonnet near the wiper blade motors. Could be something you could fix yourself and save you a few bob;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭nathan184

Thanks I found the thread from 2009 here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055469636

Seems to be lots of things that can leak.

I also found this useful discussion:
    http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=92541

I might try removing the plastic shield under the wheel arch and having a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

It could be dozens of things, might be worth moving/posting this to the motor forum, they will be able to give you good advice before you fork over dough to get it looked at

Anyone know a garage that is open tomorrow morning? Preferably in the Castletroy area. PGT Motors don't seem to do it anymore.

I stripped away a few panels and found roughly where the leak is coming from but I don't have time to do more work on it myself. It seems to be dripping down from the air vent beside the driver's door.

• Advertisement

Problem solved. It was the windscreen. The lads in Rapid Autocare (cathedral place, beside advance pitstop) found the leak and only charged €40 to seal it up.

Advertisement