Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9yr old..puberty??

Options
  • 14-11-2011 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭

My 9 year old boy has started sweating under his arms lately...he plays alot of sport and runs around alot, and would get quite sweaty overall, doing that. But I've noticed it under his arms a few times now....there's no odour from it just yet.

Is this the start of puberty:( When should I introduce anti-perspirant...surely it's WAY too soon for puberty...I know I'm not ready for it anyway!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Fittle wrote: »
    My 9 year old boy has started sweating under his arms lately...he plays alot of sport and runs around alot, and would get quite sweaty overall, doing that. But I've noticed it under his arms a few times now....there's no odour from it just yet.

Is this the start of puberty:( When should I introduce anti-perspirant...surely it's WAY too soon for puberty...I know I'm not ready for it anyway!!!

Does he want spray? if not then dont buy it. If his stinking then give him a roll on or spary and see if he wants to use it.

My ladys 12 and comes back stinking after soccer, but she has no interest in using the spary just yet, she has it but doesnt really use it. Got her her first razor last week along with 20 euros worth of clensing lotions and spot creams....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

My two oldest children a boy and a girl both started to sweat around this age but there was no odour, my son is 14 and odour didnt kick in until he was 12/13. No odour with my daughter age 11 yet. They all develop differently and it will be gradual he wont wake up one morning with hairy armpits and a tasch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I hardly think sweating is the best indication of the start of puberty...especially during sports/periods of high activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Hi Fittle :)

Trust me on this one you will know when you need to buy deodrant ;)

Teenage boys can smell soooooooo bad if they dont shower and use deodrant everyday if not twice a day. But you will get the smell very quickly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I hardly think sweating is the best indication of the start of puberty...especially during sports/periods of high activity.

He never sweats under his arms until very recently ...he sweats mainly through his head during sports..but lately, he gets stains on the pits of tshirts etc.
    Justask wrote: »
    Hi Fittle :)

Trust me on this one you will know when you need to buy deodrant ;)

Teenage boys can smell soooooooo bad if they dont shower and use deodrant everyday if not twice a day. But you will get the smell very quickly :D

Thanks;) So far, he loves the shower and bath and long may that last! I won't bother with sprays just yet.
    I remember it being such a taboo subject when I was a kid years ago...as an only girl in a house full of men, I was mortified when I'd have to ask to buy deodorant...but times have changed thankfully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Yes it actually is.

Advertisement