Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

second hand books in carlow town

Options
  • 14-11-2011 2:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

is there anywhere that buys second hand books in town? i think I remember someone mentioning it somewhere... sometime, but don't know for sure.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

The place near the entrance to Superquinn did,not sure if the new place over by the toilets does now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

The Storyteller's Bookshop in Superquinn used to, but I think they are closed now..? Bestseller have new books afaik.

The seondhand shops have some books...Chic and Cheerful, and the place on Dublin Street has a fairly decent selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Keep an eye on the shop unit opposite the Library (Where Nationalist office used to be) - there's been a couple of sales of second hand books in there recently - all books were €1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

From what I read the OP is looking for somewhere to buy books from him/her!

I have never heard of anywhere buying second hand books, unless privately selling school or college books.

:)

If you are looking to buy second hand books most of the charity shops have a great selection of books for sale and often have special offers on.

There are five charity shops around Dublin Street so you have a great selection of books.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

aye, i was looking to sell

i miss the days of pauls new bookshop :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Ceatharlach

is there anywhere that buys second hand books in town? i think I remember someone mentioning it somewhere... sometime, but don't know for sure.

The bookshop on college street was a great stop off until its untimely closure, they bought books. Its a shame for Carlow that such a premises had to close. I searched for some places that would buy books but generally end up dropping them off to the charity shop for free. Carlow really needs some more independent book shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

alproctor wrote: »
    Keep an eye on the shop unit opposite the Library (Where Nationalist office used to be) - there's been a couple of sales of second hand books in there recently - all books were €1.

That book sale is run by the carlow lions club every now and again in different empty shops in the town. Most of the books would be donated and the sales go towards local Charities/Projects (i think). Frank Bird is the name of the man in the lions club who looks after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Carlow indoor Market !

Advertisement