Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any special brilliant finds??

Options
  • 14-11-2011 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

Has anyone come across and special apparel, jewelry that gives them immense powers??

I remember in morrowind finding the boots of blinding speed (crazy brilliance)

More importantly.. If you did find these special items.. where did you find them????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Got a couple of amulets and some armour and a nice soul stealing axe but they wouldn't be in the immense section just yet, more useful.
    My fav from Oblivion was the Umbra sword for one of the gods, just never gave it back as an offering as was far too superb. Hope there's something like that for super easy soul gem refills. But looking forward to finding that WMD hidden away somewhere so i can show those level 18 trolls who's boss!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Do the Daedric artifacts count?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,973 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Theres a mask you can find that gives you 20% to Lockpick/Alchemy/Archery.

It's part of a quest that you get of a courrier. In the mountains NE of Dragonsreach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Overheal wrote: »
    Theres a mask you can find that gives you 20% to Lockpick/Alchemy/Archery.

It's part of a quest that you get of a courrier. In the mountains NE of Dragonsreach.

There are similar masks, available through different means in the game. I recently picked up a heavy armour mask with gave 20% to some spells (forget which, I ain't no magey type)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

I think they may be the masks that you need for a quest in the Labyrinth. You've got to submit 12 masks for 1 mask or something along those lines. I randomly stumbled across it last night. Not sure of the stats for that 1 mask once you give up the other 12. Tough to locate all 12 apparently..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Onsberg

Finding a weapon with Banish!

Disenchanted it and now enchanting every weapon I'm selling with it to increase the value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Best I've gotten so far is Robes of Destruction... which I think are pretty kick ass :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

The Gaulders amulet gives you +30 Strength, Magic and Stamina

SeantheMan wrote: »
    The Gaulders amulet gives you +30 Strength, Magic and Stamina

Quest to find the three pieces is a bit of work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Quest to find the three pieces is a bit of work though.

I did that backwards seemingly, ended out needing the final piece from Saarthal rather than beginning there. So was easish for me.

Cool object tho.

• Advertisement

I did Saarthal last too, needed to join the mages guild to get access.
    The bosses are tough...especially at lower levels, think I found this quest at lvl 7 or 8....was impossible...had to wait till 16 to do it.

Not had the necklace off since I got it :D

I found one of those dragon priest masks. +100% regeneration of magic. Pretty darn good if you ask me.

I found one of those dragon priest masks. +100% regeneration of magic. Pretty darn good if you ask me.

Some lad called Morokei had one, lost it now due to my failed prison Break :(

Got the skeleton key which is cool but basicially cheating, never breaks and opens every lock( other than one "key required".

Had the Nightingale Armour which was fairly cool looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

i got some cool staffs. The Wabbajack which causes random effects like, turn into a goat or instant death etc, and a rose staff that conjurs a dremora lord to fight for you. I have a waterbreathing dragonscale helmet also.
    I got the wabbajack from a sheogorath quest and can't remember where i got the rose.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

The Sanguine Rose is from "A Night to Remember". A very memorable quest. Surprised you forgot it although it is possible to avoid the best bit,
    getting the ring back from the hag you marrried (which can be avoided with speech in whiterun),
    which is a pity.

Skeleton Key -
    I didn't even get to open 1 lock with it, gave it back to Nocturnal at the end of the quest, but I was expecting it back as the quest reward........gutted....

Azuras Star (black) -gotta love infinte souls

The Mace of Malog Ball or whoever he was was very good..

Oh oh...getting your spectral comapanion
    Lucien lachance
    , hahaha, he makes me laugh all the time with his commentaries on the mission

Skeleton Key -
    I didn't even get to open 1 lock with it, gave it back to Nocturnal at the end of the quest, but I was expecting it back as the quest reward........gutted....

Azuras Star (black) -gotta love infinte souls

The Mace of Malog Ball or whoever he was was very good..

Never giving it back, dunno how to use it, sold it :(

dreamers75 wrote: »

Sold that Mace too. Not a mace person. :P

dreamers75 wrote: »

Go rob it back !
    It's an unbreakable lockpick basically :D

And by not completing the quest you miss out on a special spell that you can use once a day, I think mine is "Turn invisible for 120 secs"

Go rob it back !
    It's an unbreakable lockpick basically :D

Oh i mean im never giving it back as im keeping it. No chance im losing that piece of magic :D

• Advertisement

:(
    Yeah I didn't realise that at the time...my only regret in the game, as it was my favourite item in Oblivion, and I was looking forward the whole game to getting it......hmmm...the Thieves guild tricked me into giving it back, I may have to exact revenge on them all later !! :mad:

If I use a console command to spawn it is it considered cheating :P ?....i basically had it but was tricked....:rolleyes:

Oh, and as for Azuras star, basically depending on which one you got , it will capture souls from creatures or humans, infinitely.
    So say you have a Sword of Fire - and it has run out, you need to recharge it using a soul gem , or Azuras star.
    You need to cast a soul trap spell on the enemy before you kill them, to trap the soul (or else use a weapon with the enchant)
    You then select the weapon in your inventory (Sword of Fire) and press T to charge and it's back to full :):D ...and your Azuras star is still there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

mewso wrote: »
    The Sanguine Rose is from "A Night to Remember". A very memorable quest. Surprised you forgot it although it is possible to avoid the best bit,
    getting the ring back from the hag you marrried (which can be avoided with speech in whiterun),
    which is a pity.

Ya i remember that hangover quest, great quest, but i missed the bit you mentioned in the spoiler... I'd forgotten thats where you get the rose but i've gotten so many things from quests, its hard to remember which from where.

I just got the perk that gives you 15x damage with a dagger while sneaking. On the lookout for a nice dagger now, because i used to just sell them on straight away.

Slightly off topic but since the update, the dragons aren't attacking me. I've met 3 or 4 so far and they all just circle high above. I hope its not broke.

Somehow have 2 wabbajacks, got one early in the game sold it and then bought it back cos of this thread. Got another one from Palagius/Mad hatter quest.

not to bothered by the skeleton key. in Oblivion it was downright necessary, especially when played on PC, the lock picking minigame was dire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

I found a ring of extreme smithing.

Gives a 22% bonus to all smithing and upgrading. I got 100 smithing too, so both combined, plus a potion of smithing (30% bonus to all upgrades for 30 seconds) means that my defence in light dragon armour is somewhere near 350 now (without helmet or shield)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

I liked the fireball staff you get from the mage SW of saarthal , 40 pts damage in a 5m radius i think , like a grenade launcher really

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Oh, and as for Azuras star, basically depending on which one you got , it will capture souls from creatures or humans, infinitely.
    So say you have a Sword of Fire - and it has run out, you need to recharge it using a soul gem , or Azuras star.
    You need to cast a soul trap spell on the enemy before you kill them, to trap the soul (or else use a weapon with the enchant)
    You then select the weapon in your inventory (Sword of Fire) and press T to charge and it's back to full :):D ...and your Azuras star is still there

Is there any downside to going with the black star?

mewso wrote: »
    Is there any downside to going with the black star?
    You mean Azura's Star? Nope. The only real drawback is it takes precedence over your other stones, so the first Petty soul you try to trap will go into Azura's Star before a petty soul gem, instead of being kicked to the bottom of the precedent, which would mean it only traps a soul when you fill your other gems. So in that regard, it's kind of annoying, especially when you lose the opportunity to capture a grand soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Overheal wrote: »
    You mean Azura's Star? Nope. The only real drawback is it takes precedence over your other stones, so the first Petty soul you try to trap will go into Azura's Star before a petty soul gem, instead of being kicked to the bottom of the precedent, which would mean it only traps a soul when you fill your other gems. So in that regard, it's kind of annoying, especially when you lose the opportunity to capture a grand soul.
    That's why you are better off going for the Black Star rather than Azura's Star. All humanoids are considered 'Grand' souls, so it taking priority doesn't matter.

• Advertisement

Blowfish wrote: »
    That's why you are better off going for the Black Star rather than Azura's Star. All humanoids are considered 'Grand' souls, so it taking priority doesn't matter.
    Wait wait... what? There's a Black Star, and I had to choose? Memo? Where?? :confused:

Advertisement