Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any special brilliant finds??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Overheal wrote: »
    Wait wait... what? There's a Black Star, and I had to choose? Memo? Where?? :confused:

when you obtained the star before it was fixed you were given the option to return it to Azuras follower to fix it or the guy in whiterun who could also fix it. its pretty sweet if you can actually capture a soul in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,973 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ah balls.

Oh well, there will always be one more playthrough of this title.

I mean ****, I probably spent 300 hours on Final Fantasy VII alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Overheal wrote: »
    Ah balls.

Oh well, there will always be one more playthrough of this title.

I mean ****, I probably spent 300 hours on Final Fantasy VII alone.

Yeah just discovered it myself but i think i have a save from before i made my choice that is luckily only 5 hours old so im gonna go back

just realised last night that i have killed a dragon priest (i think) got Morokei's (sp?) mask which gives you 100% magic regeneration.

just realised last night that i have killed a dragon priest (i think) got Morokei's (sp?) mask which gives you 100% magic regeneration.

Yeah thats a good one for a mage.
    I got Krosis or something at Shearpoint. Normal dragon and him so they tag teamed me and Lydia. Luckily she absorbed most of the fire :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

8 or so of those masks, i have 4, seems you can mix them together to get an ultimate mask. or bring them somewhere wasnt really listening when your man was tlaking about them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

dreamers75 wrote: »
    8 or so of those masks, i have 4, seems you can mix them together to get an ultimate mask. or bring them somewhere wasnt really listening when your man was tlaking about them :p
    Bring them all to labrinthine put on the wooden one and place them on there respective heads. I dunno what happens im 2 shy of having them all.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Bring them all to labrinthine put on the wooden one and place them on there respective heads. I dunno what happens im 2 shy of having them all.

who starts that mission for you? or is it just something someone tells you in passing?

who starts that mission for you? or is it just something someone tells you in passing?
    I found it whilst on a mission then looked into it on the web, its not an active mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kfish2oo2

Got the Blade of Woe by completing the Dark Brotherhood quest. I would venture that its the best weapon of the game - its got the fastest attack speed (being a dagger), gets all the single handed perk bonuses and does the same or more base damage than most swords in the game. (Context: base stat Blades sword does 22 damage - Blade of Woe does 24 base damage at my current level). Pair it with a mix of ancient assassin armor and Nightingale armor, plus the sneak and single handed weapons perks and its unstoppable. With the sneak dagger perk you do 15x damage for sneak attacks with a dagger and with ancient assassins greaves there's a double damage bonus, giving a total 30x damage multiplier. I've taken out a Dragon Priest with one hit using that combo.

Aside from that, finding an Elven bow at level 3 was a god send. Didn't even have to bother looking at any other bows until level 19 when I accidentally lost it in a confrontation with a Daugr mage that had the disarm shout. The Ancient Supple Nord bow made up for its loss though.

Then there's the scimitar. If you come across any Redguards, hope like hell they have a scimitar. With smithing, they become insanely powerful. Base stat 22 (at my level) gets bumped up to 34 with level 40+ smithing. I found one early on (around level 9, I think) and I haven't come across any non enchanted sword that beats its base damage.

For anyone that uses light armor - the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood quests are a must. Through that you get access some of the best light armor in the game. Glass armor is better, but coming across it at anything less than level 20 is extremely rare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Bound weapons, with the perk that increases their damage, are as powerful as (un-improved) Daedric weapons. This means that relatively early in the game if you focus on them you can get quite powerful melee weapons (Bound Bows require quite a lot of Conjuration before the spell tome is unlocked, I forget how much). The Bound Sword with the perk is 24 damage if I recall correctly. With the second perk they're an easy way of gathering souls too.

A bit OP before you get either your smithing or enchanting high enough to turn an ordinary weapon into something better than 24 damage + automatic soul trap.

I found it whilst on a mission then looked into it on the web, its not an active mission.

Yeah its not a mission but someone commented on mine as i was wearing it, had no idea where i had to bring them :D Cheers for that have 7 now.

No idea where the last one is and dont want to use the web, tempted. Think 4 were in places my mysterious mate sent me (btw anyone know if you get to kill that cnut?) 2 were in places greybeards sent me and other 1 was a dragon quest. have completed the dragon line so hoping greybeard finds a new word for me soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Mehrune's Razor is probably one of the better 1H weapons in the game. Chance to Insta skill and has unlimited charges. Gets pretty decent damage if you put alot of perks into the One-Handed skill and if you have sneak and the damage multiplier perks it becomes a very dangerous weapon indeed

There's also the Forsaken Samurai Sword, cant remember the exact details to get it but apparently it's Two-Handed and if you kill your 'friends' (aka people you've done favours for in the game) the sword gets progressively stronger. All I do know is that it's
    somewhere in the Dragonreach Castle

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kfish2oo2

Mehrune's Razor is probably one of the better 1H weapons in the game. Chance to Insta skill and has unlimited charges. Gets pretty decent damage if you put alot of perks into the One-Handed skill and if you have sneak and the damage multiplier perks it becomes a very dangerous weapon indeed

There's also the Forsaken Samurai Sword, cant remember the exact details to get it but apparently it's Two-Handed and if you kill your 'friends' (aka people you've done favours for in the game) the sword gets progressively stronger. All I do know is that it's
    somewhere in the Dragonreach Castle

How do you get Mehrune's Razor?

As for that forsaken sword (its actually just called Ebony Blade, even though it looks like a large Katana) it also allows you to attack NPCs and they do not consider it assault, making it a brilliant assassins weapon (witnesses will still consider it assault). Although, even though its two handed, it benefits from only the one handed perk tree and is only held in one hand by your character. You get it from one of the Daedric princes, IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

kfish2oo2 wrote: »
    How do you get Mehrune's Razor?

Go to
    dawnstar (town in centre of map on northern coast line) and go to the last house on the right hand side (as you face the sea) of the shoreline.. there is a museum there and the man who just opened it asks you to collect it for him.. the blade is broken into 3 pieces which you must go collect and then forge at a shrine..

I started the quest after I was given an invite to the museum.. went there and then I was directed to 3 different locations to collect the bits of the sword!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Went to my new Dark Brotherhood sanctuary, after having it fully kitted out.
    Torture chamber has 4 live people strung up :eek: pleading for death....I was actually sad for them and had decided to massacre my Dark Brothers for doing such a thing.

First I would put them out of their misery, as I attacked the first..they started talking..revealing the location of hidden treasure.. :rolleyes:....so did the 2nd, and the 3rd...and the 4th :D

I then went off and happilly collected about 8k worth of easy gold...and thought to myself "I will leave my Brothers alive, they know what they're doing" :) ......."if more torture victims don't respawn...I will kill them all" :o:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lothaar v2

Blowfish wrote: »
    That's why you are better off going for the Black Star rather than Azura's Star. All humanoids are considered 'Grand' souls, so it taking priority doesn't matter.

I went for Azura's Star in that situation... the upside is that you can get the priestess-type elf who gave you the mission as a follower. I sent Lydia home and got the elf to join me - she's pretty kickass.

I only did this a couple of nights ago, so I'd be ok with going back to an earlier save. Does anyone know if having the Black Star is significantly handier than having a kickass follower with you?

Lothaar v2 wrote: »
    I went for Azura's Star in that situation... the upside is that you can get the priestess-type elf who gave you the mission as a follower. I sent Lydia home and got the elf to join me - she's pretty kickass.

I only did this a couple of nights ago, so I'd be ok with going back to an earlier save. Does anyone know if having the Black Star is significantly handier than having a kickass follower with you?

Just means that you can fill it with a grand soul over and over again without destroying it. I find it handy for enchanting weapons as enchanting with a Grand Soul makes the enchantment stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Tempting to use the console and swap the star for the black version. A bit sickening that it gets worse by completing the quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Set of Wolf Armour which i think i got in a cave full of Forsworn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

TPD wrote: »
    Tempting to use the console and swap the star for the black version. A bit sickening that it gets worse by completing the quest.
    It's not made worse by actually completing the request, you just have 2 options on how to complete it. You can either complete it with Azura's follower or the mage in the inn in Whitehold.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Blowfish wrote: »
    It's not made worse by actually completing the request, you just have 2 options on how to complete it. You can either complete it with Azura's follower or the mage in the inn in Whitehold.

Well I completed it the wrong way :P

TPD wrote: »
    Well I completed it the wrong way :P

Kill em and take it back?

Found Bee in a jar. One of the collectors items.

I found a glowbug in one... do you collect them all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I found a glowbug in one... do you collect them all?

Pokemon forum is that way
    > :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I have the bee in a jar. Is that part of a quest? One of the items Devlin wants?

Now I have a bee a glowbug and a butterfly :pac:

GOTTA CATCH EM ALL

I have the bee in a jar. Is that part of a quest? One of the items Devlin wants?

Nope as far as I know they're not important yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Seen a headless horseman (a ghost) going along the road....im in the process of following him to see where he goes...I can't attack him though or hurt him or interact

Advertisement