Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning cobble lock

• 14-11-2011 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've got about 40ft sq of cobble lock in my back yard.
    The trouble is it get covered in green slimy goo over time I usually power wash it but the trouble with that is the yard seems to slope towards the back where I've a raised flower bed so the water gets trapped and I'm left with a slurry like pool at the end of the yard!
    Any chemicals I could use to shift the green?
    And any one know what it is?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Chlorus, buy it in an agri shop as it's much cheaper.
    Dilute 1 part to 5 parts water, spread plenty of it, it works best on a damp or misty day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Chlorous acid is a chemical compound with the formula HClO2. It is a weak acid with a pH of 1.96. The pure substance is unstable, degrading to chloride, chlorate and chlorine dioxide. But chlorite salts such as sodium chlorite are stable conjugate bases derived from this acid. These salts are sometimes used in the production of chlorine dioxide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Im the better after reading that.

Advertisement