Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intel X79 / i7 3960X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Mmm... 8 RAM slots. Good to see an up to date replacement but it's still really for those who need a top end system or with money to burn.

Power consumption seems a bit high, actually not far off bulldozer's although you're getting more processing done with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Mental performance with an equally mental price to match.
    I was very tempted until I saw the price, I don't know about the rest of you but I just couldn't justify that kind of money on a cpu.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Any chance that this release will have an effect on the Sandybridge price or is there too much of a difference. I see the Core i7-3820 is the cheapest but that isnt being released til the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Nah, it's not going to make any difference. Completely different price ranges and not enough competition.

Advertisement