Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering a .ie for a house name

• 14-11-2011 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Been asked to register a .ie address for a friend of mine. They are planning on starting a B&B and want to use the house name for the domain. What would I need to provide to the IEDR to show the connection to the name?

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Get a registered business name in the b+b name - through the cro.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The RBN route is the easiest and fastest - especially as they're essentially a "partnership"

jasonjason wrote: »
    Hi,
    I think you have to contact IEDR because it manages the .ie country code. It provides a public service for the .ie namespace on behalf of the Internet community, and is defined as a public company under the Irish Companies Acts.

There you can get the right solution.

Contacting a registrar would be a lot faster and saner ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

A bed and breakfast
    I want to register the name of my bed and breakfast
    If your property is registered with Bord Failte, and is viewable on their website, please submit a link to your listing on their website. If your business is registered with the Companies Registrations Office, please include your registered business number in your application form. Alternatively, submit a letter on the headed paper of your business confirming that this is the name of the bed and breakfast and also confirming who the owners of the bed and breakfast are.
    Depending on the legal status of your business, your application could be classed as any one of the following: Unincorporated Association / Discretionary Name/Sole Trader/Registered Business Name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭market myself online

Blacknight wrote: »
    The RBN route is the easiest and fastest - especially as they're essentially a "partnership"

Hey Michele, might you enlighten me on what RBN stands for?

Lindsay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Design_Dude

Hey Michele, might you enlighten me on what RBN stands for?

Lindsay

Registered Business Name

Registered Business Name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

And here's where you register an RBN:
    http://www.cro.ie/ena/business-registration-business-name.aspx

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭market myself online

thankyou for explaining the simple stuff :) I dont have much experience with IE domains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jhon.89

I want to register one IE domain, but can't find it in any domain registrar.Where you guys bought it? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Go to Blacknight.com. Search for the domain and it will tell you if the domain is in use or available and will also list alternatives.

Advertisement