Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple macbook pro query

• 14-11-2011 3:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

I suppose it's not only Macbook Pro, but that's what I'm dealing with. We have a macbook pro with a broken display section - the screen is fine, but after a few years of use and a broken bezel, the casing surrounding the screen has come apart.

Repair is bound to be expensive, looking at about 500+ for the top section alone, and at that price it might be that we could find a s/h computer with the same specs.

What I'm wondering is could we mirror the setup (files, software, music etc) easily on another computer by way of carrying out a backup on the broken screen machine and restoring onto the newer one?

Thanks in advance!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭holcus

Migration Assistant can do it for you.
    If you only need to replace the bezel it will cost you 50-70E for the part

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Nah, it's gone past the bezel, the enclosure's falling apart unfortunately. Will go and look up Migration Assistant now, thank you very much for your help!

Advertisement