Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Hotel

Options
  • 14-11-2011 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

Hi, Heading to Snow Patrol in Feb in the O2... looking for a nice hotel for myself and the girlfriend. any body know good website for good deals on 4 star hotels.. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

If its February, Top Secret Hotels on lastminute.com is a good bet. Three years ago I got the 4-star Paddington Hilton on Valentine's weekend for £65 a night through it.

They don't tell you what the hotel is before you book the room, but if you stick the blurb into Google you can very easily find out. I'd recommend going somewhere central, the Jubilee Line will have you back in town within half an hour and the hotels near the O2 are in pretty soulless areas.

Also recommend getting a boat down the Thames to the gig for extra brownie points ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭jtown

Ya might try that.. I was thinking of staying around the London Eye or close to there.

Boat down to the gig... sounds good alright...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

If your gig is on at a weekend I wouldn't bet on the Jubbly line, it's notoriously flaky at weekends with half the line regularly shut down (as in, you either can't go north or can't go south of somewhere around Finchley Road, which is a bit crap). Try to have a backup plan for transport if you can.

Laterooms.co.uk is another one worth checking out.

Ya gig on SAT - Where would you think would be good to stay - nice pubs and restaurants to go to not too far from the hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Good news is there's no planned works on the Jubilee Line in February, but that's subject to change so keep an eye on the below.(http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/livetravelnews/realtime/tube/track-closures.pdf)

Near the London Eye is a good bet, loads of restaurants along the South Bank and there's always something on, just not exactly sure where there are hotels near it (but its a surprisingly short walk from Trafalgar Square and Covent Garden across the pedestrian bridge so maybe look around there)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I previously booked the Mercure London City Bankside hotel via lastminute.com for visitors and it ticks quite a few of your boxes.

4 star without being anything amazing.
    5 minute walk from jubilee line stop then a few stops away from the o2.
    10 minute walk to Southbank Centre with lots of eating options.
    10 minute walk the other direction to Borough Market for great Saturday market food.
    5 minutes to Southbank/Tate Modern/Shakespeare Globe for touristy convenience.
    Quite enough area at weekends due to it seeing more foot traffic on weekdays.

Anyone stay in the Plaza on embankment?

http://www.parkplaza.com/london-hotel-gb-se1-7tj/gbriver

Booked the Apex London Tower hotel.. looking forward to it :D

Advertisement