Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covering red velvet cake with fondant

Options
  • 14-11-2011 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey Im making a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting as part of a topsy turvy cake but has anyone covered this frosting using fondant,Im thinkin it will be really bumpy??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

I have put small fondant decorations (flowers) onto a cream cheese icing before and the fondant collapsed (went really soggy) - I made a batch the same day of IMBC and placed the same fondant decorations on and they didn't collapse - so it wasn't humidity or storage.

I have never tried it since because I thought that fondant just doesn't 'get on' with cheese (it does sound yucky to me!).

Not much help, but I wouldn't.

Does it have to be cream cheese?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 FionaB3

you could layer the cake with the cream cheese frosting, but use butter cream icing for the crumb coating, all the taste hopefully no problems.

Fiona

Advertisement