Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tendering for public contracts

Options
  • 14-11-2011 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how others have found this and also any advice on going about it.

I've been asked to make a proposal to one government department ('expression of interest') and also been notified about a tender for services to the Central Bank.

I want to give this a go but realise it will take at least three full days to get a really good proposal and document together. But I'm wondering can others who have been through the process advise? I'm guessing there might be a set pattern / style a tender document should follow ?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

RATM wrote: »
    Just wondering how others have found this and also any advice on going about it.

I've been asked to make a proposal to one government department ('expression of interest') and also been notified about a tender for services to the Central Bank.

I want to give this a go but realise it will take at least three full days to get a really good proposal and document together. But I'm wondering can others who have been through the process advise? I'm guessing there might be a set pattern / style a tender document should follow ?

They will usually set out the step and how the points will be awarded on the tender.

Government contracts tend to require a huge amount of work and they place huge weight on the safe option, ie. the company which is least likely to have them put their neck on the line. So it's helpful to be trading a long time with equally sized projects completed in the past. Chicken and Egg situation I know, but this is important to them.

Also unlike Germany etc, it's not unusal for our government to go to tender and then not award the contract. So you can run up huge bills and hours only to find out they no longer have the funds to make the project happen, be careful not to over invest I know of companies who had to sell 70% of their equity after a gov tender was pulled from under them, after 30m spent on the project.

In terms of templates, start here. Hope that helps.

Advertisement