Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Con man working in Dublin

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 tikdoff

i cant find the section......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

tikdoff wrote: »
    what section do i go to pls, heads in a muddle
    Click the link ** Click here to apply for your credit report online! ** on icb.ie and input the necessary details. Cost is 6 Euro.

You then get a copy in the post of your credit rating. Like I said, it also shows who has applied to see it (implying they have a loan application in your name)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

thanks, about to now....really apprecaite this...can i stop it from escalating

I assume you've been to the Gards about it?

Make sure you do, because if you get any further hassle about it it'll be good to have it on record that you reported it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JohnnyBoy1970

I wouldnt be getting too bothered about it there are alot more checks in place now since the time I got scammed ten years ago. If I was you i'd go get myself (and colleagues) a Latte (and Flat Whit and tea) and dont worry about it.

aphex™ wrote: »
    Click the link ** Click here to apply for your credit report online! ** on icb.ie and input the necessary details. Cost is 6 Euro.

You then get a copy in the post of your credit rating. Like I said, it also shows who has applied to see it (implying they have a loan application in your name)

I got the pin off them and now i cant do anything with it.

ps get your own coffee tom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

crap...i did give out pps number and address

Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I got the pin off them and now i cant do anything with it.

OP, pm me your credit card details and i'll sort it for you.

Disclaimer: i'm obviously joking here

haha, how about a warm glass of shut the f**k up instead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

Originally Posted by tikdoff viewpost.gif
    crap...i did give out pps number and address

Unbelievable.

some people lol . definately a scammers dream,im suprised the 2 lads didnt talk you into letting them stay in your house for a few days tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

This prick got me a while ago as well, on Botanic road Glasnevin, He told me his wife was pregnant but the description is exact! Keep the eyes peeled folks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

This thread truly highlights how stupid some people on here really are.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

Incredible, they probably had no intention of using the old car import scam until they met you and thought it'd be a goer. Hope you learnt a valuable lesson mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Irelandsfinest

maybe off topic, but I would like an opinion on this.Ten years ago I was in Germany near the Polish border. I had just come away from an ATM. A Polish student approached me. he looked respectable enough. he was in Germany on a day trip and his rucksack had been stolen. He had to be back back home by morning as he had an important uni exam. he desperately needed the train fare, about 30 euro. I could even have photocopy of his passport. I commiserated with him but did not give him money. was this the right thing to do?[/QUOTE]

Yes you did the right thing, scammers and con artists will use every trick going. You could have given them the money and felt good and they would know their trick worked and hit somebody else with a sob story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Wow... Some people really are gullible. If I spy someone on the street waiting for a potential target when walking and then they approach me they get a dismissive wave from me and if thats not enough Its a "no" and if they continue to try and harass me I tell them where to go.

Even if it's a charity fundraiser I tell them no. I give to charity (Including concern) in my private life and don't need to be solicited on the street by them.

I will gladly stop to pick up a person who falls, to help an old lady and whatnot, but if an able bodied man is approaching me frantically wanting money off me then thats a red light right there.

This is Dublin City not Vatican city.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Jay D wrote: »
    This thread truly highlights how stupid some people on here really are.

everyone is stupid but yourself. you will never get caught out or make any kind of error of judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Wow... Some people really are gullible. If I spy someone on the street waiting for a potential target when walking and then they approach me they get a dismissive wave from me and if thats not enough Its a "no" and if they continue to try and harass me I tell them where to go.

Even if it's a charity fundraiser I tell them no. I give to charity (Including concern) in my private life and don't need to be solicited on the street by them.

I will gladly stop to pick up a person who falls, to help an old lady and whatnot, but if an able bodied man is approaching me frantically wanting money off me then thats a red light right there.

This is Dublin City not Vatican city.

older people are easy to con.

a good looking bird can easily con guys.

Advertisement